PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of care question -sorry!

SJ35
02-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi, I currently have on a Wednesday

J age 19 months

I signed a contract two months ago for two new ones starting in December.
They will be coming on a Wednesday so I will have

J (then)age 21 months
H age 12 months and
A age 3 and a half yrs

So all fine so far!

But my current siblings on a Thursday want a Wednesday afternoon as an extra from next week until April next year.

As I have already signed the contracts ages ago for the new ones could I do this??

I can swap J to a different day no problems.
So I would have

E aged 2 and a half
E aged 11 months

H aged 12 months and
A aged 3 and a half

Brains getting confused now!! Xx

FussyElmo
02-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I would say no as the ones in December haven't started your setting yet. They would still count as new business.

Nicola Carlyle
02-10-2013, 12:49 PM
I would also say no as the new contracted to start arnt starting until December so they will be classed as new business.

SJ35
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok I really thought that as the contracts were signed so long ago that it would be ok.
I'll have to have a think if I can get someone to change days :( x

Nicola Carlyle
02-10-2013, 08:06 PM
If in doubt ring ofsted!

tigwig
02-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Well I m in two minds about this one. Back in the day when ofsted did grant variations I was in a similar position. Only slight difference was my potential mindee had been on 1 visit but wasnt due to start for quite a few weeks later. They did grant me the variation after all.

SJ35
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I've done the two lots of two hours free settling in and they will be coming one morning a week soon to get settled before the December start. I think I'll ring my DO tomorrow. Ofsted just refer me back to the EYFS wording lol x