PDA

View Full Version : Storing and cleaning Potty's!

Bakez66
01-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi, I don't have a downstairs toilet so I put the potty in the lounge then once it's full I take it upstairs and put it down the toilet, I take the children with me, now I disinfect it but I have a minded child with me so I can't because of the chemicals :-/. I'm due my Ofsted inspection so any advice would be much appreciated x x

hectors house
02-10-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't think Ofsted are fond of potties full stop but obviously your little ones can't hang on for long enough to get upstairs with all of the other mindees in tow. When you say you wait for potty to be full - do you mean that it has more than one wee in it before it gets emptied? Think Ofsted would want to know how you stop contents being spilt or paddled in if it is left in lounge for a while. (yes I have had a child put his foot in a full potty!).

I think the potty needs emptying each time it is used and think it would be acceptable for you to run upstairs to empty it, rinse it round with clean hot water and then bring down and spray thoroughly with anti bac spray. You would only need to be out of the room for less than a minute. Pop the tv on each time you leave the room and the mindees won't move from where you left them! You could then soak the potty overnight in disinfectant or whatever you normally use. I bought last year a potty made by "Summer" it is great - it is big, but never tips over, it's like a commode with a separate potty part you take out to empty and a lid you can fold down to stop other children playing with it. It can also be used as a step in the bathroom and the inside toilet lid comes off for a toilet seat. Best £13 I have ever spent.

miffy
02-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Not sure what sort of a potty you have but I agree with Hector's house about emptying it each time it's been used especially if more than one child is using it.

Miffy xx

Bakez66
02-10-2013, 07:15 AM
I empty it every time, sorry I wasn't very clear. I wasn't sure if it was ok to leave the children downstairs while I went up to empty it and wasn't sure then about where to disinfect it if mindies are with me, as I'm due my first inspection.Your advice Is great and much appreciated, I will empty upstairs then come down to spray it. The £13 potty sounds great, I will have a look on the internet.. Does anyone have any tips for my inspection, do they ask lots of questions? X