PDA

View Full Version : Jealous 13 month old

adedwards68
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Bit of advice needed please. I have an 8 month old I mind and have recently taken on a 13 month old. Whenever the youngest is on my lap he comes over and starts whinging and pull at the 8 month old. When I don't pick him up he screams, that's piercing scream that hurts your ears! I dont want to give in to him and let him have his own way. He does have his time on my lap! I've mentioned it to mum but she says he doesn't do it at home but if he gets his own then he wouldn't.
Been particularly bad today plus I have my youngest off ill and is 'quarantined" in a separate room and my eldest daughter is in hospital and I'm VERY tired and it's only Tuesday
Can only get better :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

kellyskidz!
01-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Try group activities to get them used to each other, like sitting them down and doing jigsaws or Lego with them both so they become friends and aren't seeing each other as competing for you attention
He's an only child so won't be used to sharing adults attention but by being calm and giving him some time too he will get over this, it's just new to him
Get him to see 8 mo as a positive, rather than someone to be jealous of xx

CLL
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I just sit one on each knee. They are still too young to understand.

TNT
01-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I just sit one on each knee. They are still too young to understand.

I have done the same, sit one on each knee and distract them with a story or activity giving each lots of attention, that way they will get used to each other. It will be one of those phases that goes as quickly as it started.

serin
01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I share my time equally but try not to hold any of them if I dont need to. Jealousy is a hard thing to deal with