PDA

View Full Version : 1 1/2 hours before school only...

venus89
15-07-2008, 07:28 AM
... I'm sorry, I know the answer's on here somwhere but really pressed for time. i had 2 enquiries yesterday, one for a baby and one for a boy in my sons class (4-5 year olds) - can I have this boy from 7.35 and take him to school.
Just want to check - I don't need to do observations on him, do I? He can basically just come and play then go to school?

sarah707
15-07-2008, 08:28 AM
As he is within the age group of the eyfs, you will need to do a certain amount of observations, assessments and planning, but only in proportion to the time he is with you.

You will need to show that you complement the care he receives elsewhere ...

You will find loads of times when the care you give him meets the requirements of the eyfs ... like when he's chilling with a game, eating breakfast, washing hands after the loo etc ... you can use these as a routine of his morning. Then if there are any wow moments, make a quick record of them with a photo and a few (very few) words.

Hope this helps :D

venus89
15-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks sarah x

clairemiranda
15-07-2008, 05:27 PM
If he's in Reception now he'll be in Year 1 in Sept when the EYFS kicks in, so you won't need to bother. (I'm in the same position and checked with my inpector a couple of weeks ago). If he's in Reception in Sept, then you'll need to make a bit of an effort re:obs etc.

venus89
16-07-2008, 03:02 PM
If he's in Reception now he'll be in Year 1 in Sept when the EYFS kicks in, so you won't need to bother. (I'm in the same position and checked with my inpector a couple of weeks ago). If he's in Reception in Sept, then you'll need to make a bit of an effort re:obs etc.

Ah - brilliant. Yes, he would be in Year 1 in September so that's good news. Still haven't heard back