PDA

View Full Version : help me- can't answer 5 year olds question.

Mrsh3103
01-10-2013, 03:14 PM
He's playing superheroes and one shoots fire & one shoots ice.
The question- who wins??

I said fire because it melts the ice. H said but the water will put out the fire.

Please someone help me. He's getting frustrated because no one can win the battle yet.

clareelizabeth1
01-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Fire because it will melt the ice and evaporate it before it turned in to enough water to put the fire out.

zippy
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
He's playing superheroes and one shoots fire & one shoots ice.
The question- who wins??

I said fire because it melts the ice. H said but the water will put out the fire.

Please someone help me. He's getting frustrated because no one can win the battle yet.

What a cracker, my answer to that would be well that just proves in battle there are no real winners lol, we're all losers really.

EmmaReed84
01-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Definitely the fire!

sing-low
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Have you tried asking him what he thinks? Or how he thinks he could find out the answer? I would have thought that the fire would melt the ice and the water would then put out the fire so both lose their powers.

kellyskidz!
01-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I'd say fire but ask him what he thinks then discuss it
And don't forget to do observation on this as its a really clever question (especially since us as adults are debating it lol) xx

FussyElmo
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Well you would think the human torch however seeing as iceman can change molecules around everyone he could effectively stop the human torch from turning into fire.

Im now going to crawl back into my geeky hole.

Ps it would also depend on whether or not Emma Frost had taken over Iceman body.

This conversation obviously has taken place in this household :thumbsup: Ds still goes with fire but the general consensus is Iceman :thumbsup:

AgentTink
01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Well you would think the human torch however seeing as iceman can change molecules around everyone he could effectively stop the human torch from turning into fire.

Im now going to crawl back into my geeky hole.

Ps it would also depend on whether or not Emma Frost had taken over Iceman body.

This conversation obviously has taken place in this household :thumbsup: Ds still goes with fire but the general consensus is Iceman :thumbsup:

Fussy my partner is extremely impressed he is a super geek.... and he had the cheek to ask if you were a bloke, but i set him straight :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
01-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Fussy my partner is extremely impressed he is a super geek.... and he had the cheek to ask if you were a bloke, but i set him straight :thumbsup:

How rude females can be superhero geeks too :laughing::laughing::laughing:

And believe me my dh is, all my children are. Am waiting on my superhero high tops to be delivered

maisiemog
01-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I said fire. However my geeky husband informs me it would be ice. He could put the fire out and then quickly freeze fireman before he could send more fire his way!

Mrsh3103
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I asked him who he thought would win & he said 'you took too long, they're both dead now'

My dh said fire because gravity would pull the water down to the ground after it had melted so wouldn't have chance to put the fire out.

Glitter
01-10-2013, 05:50 PM
My husband suguested you plan an activity with a blow torch and some ice cubes to help your mindee to work it out!

This is why my husband is NEVER allowed to help when I am minding.

FussyElmo
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
My husband suguested you plan an activity with a blow torch and some ice cubes to help your mindee to work it out!

This is why my husband is NEVER allowed to help when I am minding.

It couldn't be ice cubes though. Wonder if there is an ice blow torch. Not that im thinking this would make a cracking experiment or anything :littleangel::littleangel:

Glitter
01-10-2013, 06:00 PM
It couldn't be ice cubes though. Wonder if there is an ice blow torch. Not that im thinking this would make a cracking experiment or anything

If we could super cool a big squeezy bottle of pure water to about -10 degrees then when it was squirted out it would make a column of ice. Almost like an ice blow torch.

Husband is already looking for a big squeezy bottle in the recycling! Help!

FussyElmo
01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
If we could super cool a big squeezy bottle of pure water to about -10 degrees then when it was squirted out it would make a column of ice. Almost like an ice blow torch.

Husband is already looking for a big squeezy bottle in the recycling! Help!

I have the kitchen blow torch :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Jiorjiina
01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Which one uses up their energy first? Do they have any allies that could suddenly show up and help one side, bringing the fight to an end?

Also, what conditions are they fighting in? Because if it's in space, then there will be no oxygen for the fire, but there might be stuff to make ice...

Great question though. Maybe teach him how to play Rock, Paper, Scissors? :laughing:

smurfette
02-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I asked him who he thought would win & he said 'you took too long, they're both dead now'

My dh said fire because gravity would pull the water down to the ground after it had melted so wouldn't have chance to put the fire out.

Lol to them being dead!!