PDA

View Full Version : This stuff is going to stain everything and stick like poop to a blanket.... Isnt it?

WibbleWobble
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Made some edible fingerprints with F. She is spotless and I am covered in corn flour and I have multi coloured fingers...

Look nice though!

k1rstie
01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Got those food gels. That will never one off anything!,,

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Wow...now they are bright!!

What colourings are they Wibble?

Sarah x

cathtee
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
I got cornflour out this morning and put it away again and made cakes instead, will venture back to cornflour tomorrow( I thinkl

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
what? no pics of you looking multicoloured?

they look very vibrant x

VeggieSausage
01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
yes exactly like poop to a blanket......or vomit to a plush velvet......:laughing::laughing:

sing-low
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I've used those dyes for finger painting before. Big mistake. I made red icing for a christmas cake once (about 10 years ago) and my wooden board is still vaguely streaked with red.

But it's really hard to find cheap, water based food dye. The only ones I've been able to track down have been gels and they're hopeless for anything other than food. Had a disaster trying to colour pasta once. Why do we do this again?!

loocyloo
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I've used those dyes for finger painting before. Big mistake. I made red icing for a christmas cake once (about 10 years ago) and my wooden board is still vaguely streaked with red.

But it's really hard to find cheap, water based food dye. The only ones I've been able to track down have been gels and they're hopeless for anything other than food. Had a disaster trying to colour pasta once. Why do we do this again?!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have ended up dissolving a bit of the colouring paste in water and then sloshing the pasta or rice around in that in a bag before spreading it out to dry ... that was after waiting a WEEK for some pasta to dry just using a liguid one !!!

I frequently have coloured fingers or sploshes on my face! :D

MrsPixie
29-10-2013, 06:59 PM
oh wow they are very bright. We made coloured rice last week but I got the measurements wrong and everything was bright orange!