PDA

View Full Version : chicken pox

starschildmind
01-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Whats the current guidence on chicken pox and how long they stay away?

I think i have a mindee that has pox.. not conpletely sure as she only has a possible 1 or 2 spots. Could be just baby spots.

Ive completely forgotton what they look like and how much time they would need off?,

Thanks xxx

Glitter
01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi, found this which has the info about how long to keep them at home.

http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

Chicken pox spots are small, oval blisters (and really itchy), so once they have a couple it is usually quite easy to tell what it is.

Hope it helps.

starschildmind
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Thank you :) going to print it off and pop that in my policies :)

She had one on her face yesterday. Does look like a poc but no more came up. She got another one on her face today and thats it.

She seems ok in herself. I thought pox came up pretty quick. But if it is its taking its time.
Stuck :(

mrs robbie williams
01-10-2013, 11:06 AM
ive got a nrly 3yr old who has been out of sorts and has a spot on face so am watching carefully for any more - all mindees have had it, ive had it and my kids and dh have so do i exclude if it is? xx

starschildmind
01-10-2013, 11:50 AM
ive got a nrly 3yr old who has been out of sorts and has a spot on face so am watching carefully for any more - all mindees have had it, ive had it and my kids and dh have so do i exclude if it is? xx

Exactly my thoughts to. I think its only guideance. So depending on how you feel xx

cloud9
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Chicken pox is classed as a contagious illness. Therefore it is our duty to exclude for such illnesses i

kellib
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM

I would, you can catch chicken pox more than once.

jackie 7
01-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh yes and every time I got it it was worse. Some children only get a few spots.