PDA

View Full Version : Advice asap please!!

Natalierose
01-10-2013, 10:15 AM
So a parent visited last week wants place starting January which is fine but I have asked them to pay a 50% weekly retainer non refundable to hold the space open for them.
Parent is now asking if this will be deducted from
Fees once started?
I wasn't planning on deducting it as I'm holding a space open for 3 months and may have to turn customers away....... Is the right what I'm doing? What would you do?
Thanks x

mrs robbie williams
01-10-2013, 10:16 AM
No I Wudnt refund or deduct as u say it is to keep the space open for such a long period of time xx

kellyskidz!
01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Nope, she agreed to the non refundable part
You used that money as a retainer to keep the place open, you have kept it open (and potentially lost money from a mindee that could have started straight away) so she pays as usual
You could say she doesn't pay a retainer to keep the place open and she takes a chance that you will have space in Jan but without the money it's not guaranteed xx

candy cat
01-10-2013, 12:30 PM
No this is to hold a place.....i had a mum pay for 8months, she used me once a week for 2-3 hours so settling worked great :0)
she knew that was her place and felt happier as she could relax and enjoy the rest of her maternity leave :0)

Stapleton83
01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Same as the others it is to hold the place if she doesn't want to pay then say you will leave the space open and come back to her in January if it is still available then it is at her own risk.

Sam x

Natalierose
01-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks all this is exactly what I thought. I'll give her the option of coming back to me in December and seeing if I have any vacancies. I'll let you know the outcome x

hectors house
01-10-2013, 12:43 PM
You need to explain that this is a retainer not a deposit - this means you are doing her a favour in accepting half fee for a space you could be paid full fee for, maybe tell her that the child can start to come a few hours on the contracted days and have a long settling in period as lots of posts recently are about children who refuse to settle.

I personally don't charge a retainer as I make a decision on whether I want to wait that long for the child to start or take a chance that I can fill it sooner - I just ask for a deposit.