PDA

View Full Version : toy that can cause cancer, ive got 1 have you????????????????????????????????????????

foxy lady
01-10-2013, 09:48 AM
hi all just seen this published today its a zebra toy for babies that has a yellow dye in that can cause cancer available from tesco ,asda ,amazon ect ive got 1 i n my baby toys have a look and see if you have , it says to distroy if you have
Start Your Senses Zebra toy recalled for cancer risk | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2439656/Start-Your-Senses-Zebra-toy-recalled-cancer-risk.html)

kellyskidz!
01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
WTH?!?
Is this real? I haven't got one but my god, I'd be terrified if I did
What does destroy it mean for those who have got one? Just throw it in the usual black bin?x

foxy lady
01-10-2013, 09:55 AM
yes its real ive got 1 . ive just put it in a double bag in the kitchen and i trying to decide what to do with it . do you think i should burn it, throw it away , take it to the tip i really dont know

kellyskidz!
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
God what a thing to happen, I'm shocked
I'd take it back to where you got it from (and give them a gobfull while I'm at it)
They recalled it, its their mistake, let them get rid of it x

foxy lady
01-10-2013, 11:31 AM
i cant remember where i got it from, think it might have been given to me in a whole load of stuff by a lady up the the road

kellyskidz!
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I'd throw it in the bin then, its quite scary reading the article, hope nothing comes of it and its just a precaution xx

Maza
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Beyond belief!
Thankfully I haven't got one and I don't think DD has come into contact with one anywhere else. x

clareelizabeth1
01-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Damage it before throwing just incase someone finds it and gives it to a baby.

It's scary that things like this are allowed to happen you would thing rules and regulations in toy manufacture would stop things like this.

k1rstie
01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I looked his up, it was recalled in June.

To get a refund you need to cut off the label with the code on it. It should say Q1081. Send it with name, address and phone number to

Kids 11 UK ltd
725 capability green
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU1 3LU

Jiorjiina
01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I'd throw it in the bin then, its quite scary reading the article, hope nothing comes of it and its just a precaution xx

It is the daily mail though!

You quite regularly see recall notices for children's products, because so much of it is produced for a low cost in countries where the quality control processes are not what they should be! There are also a lot of chemicals banned from use in children's products which are used in adult ones, so invariably the two get mixed up. Without wishing to terrify anyone, there is a complete list of all children's products on recall here (http://www.recalluk.com/latest/childrens-recalls.aspx).

Just to reassure you, they did bury this in the middle of the article:

A scientist at Leeds-based company Green Chemicals, which develops products using safer chemicals, was not surprised the product was recalled.
Technical director, Dr Jamie Hawkes, said: ‘Overall, as the International Agency for Research on Cancer has classified this as a Group 2 carcinogen - it suggests that it is possible to be carcinogenic to humans via ingestion or contact with skin.
‘In the case of this toy, the dye will probably be pretty well fixed into the fibres. Therefore any exposure to unfixed dyestuff and hence a carcinogen would be small – although any exposure is a risk that most people would not want to take.’

Get rid, but I wouldn't panic massively.

Natalierose
01-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't panic! it has to be in larger quantities than what is on the toy to do any damage. My friends son had one for two months, loved it, chewed on it constantly. He's fine! X

Simona
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Products recall happen all the time and when so there will be big posters in the stores that sell the products asking for them to be returned.

Take it back and you will be automatically refunded!