PDA

View Full Version : dd's birthday!

buzzy bee
30-09-2013, 07:48 PM
This is a bit unrelated but my little girl turns 1 in a couple of weeks and both myself and dh have to work. In the morning I'll have her and another baby and in the afternoon I'll also have ds and another mindee (both 4)

I'm a bit stuck for ideas of what to do but I want the day to be special. I can't drive to a farm or anything and none of my friends are around.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Maza
30-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Ahhh! At least you'll be with her, even if you are working. I would decorate the house - bunting, balloons etc. Could the older mindees make a few decorations/banners the days before? I would also do a little birthday tea and maybe a picnic lunch if the weather holds out. Could you do a soft play area in the morning? How about making a birthday sensory tub (google it, probably some good ideas for sensory tubs on pinterest). Do some dancing. If you have the energy to bath your own kids put some balloons in the bath for them. In the evening you and hubby should definitely have a nice bottle of something to celebrate surviving a year of parenthood with two kids! x

buzzy bee
30-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the ideas! Love the sensory tub idea. And I like the bottle of something idea the best!