PDA

View Full Version : the wait begins

Kidston
30-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Im booked onto a briefing course in November. But ive found out all the courses I need to attend like safeguarding and first aid aint until February and March next year. Im gutted I was really hoping to be set up by January. Im so excited I just want ti get going on it all. Now the thought of not being set up and registered by April May time seems like forever away.

moggy
30-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Im booked onto a briefing course in November. But ive found out all the courses I need to attend like safeguarding and first aid aint until February and March next year. Im gutted I was really hoping to be set up by January. Im so excited I just want ti get going on it all. Now the thought of not being set up and registered by April May time seems like forever away.

From briefing session in Nov to reg in Jan would have been near impossible. It takes months, and with Christmas in the way that will slow things down a bit with nothing happening on bank holidays. But there is a lot to do, so the time will pass soon enough!

Check with your LA at your briefing session if there are any other course suppliers you can use, often there are many who are approved and they schedule their courses at all different dates (although I doubt you'll find many around Xmas/New year because of hols).

Kidston
01-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Maybe it was a bit of wishful thinking on my part im just itching to get going! Im actually looking forward to all the paper work I'll have to do!

Glitter
01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Could you look in to other training you could do while waiting that might help once you are registeired. Maybe a course on book keeping if you are going to do your own accounts would be useful, and you might not have the time to do it once you are registered.

Or you could look on line and design your own website for free (I used Weebly to do mine) so once you are up and running it is ready.

Some of your policies could be written now, or things like a fire escape plan. There are lots of examples available online (and this forum).

Good luck and try to enjoy the time you have now. Once you start you might not have time to enjoy your paperwork!:)

Kidston
01-10-2013, 02:17 PM
The website idea is a fab idea I suppose I can get cracking on designing a logo and advertising so its all ready to go. Also I can get menus ready too.
Any more ideas on things I can start to do now would be a great help