PDA

View Full Version : Teacher training day charges

gremlin
30-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick one. Just wondered if you charged a full fee for teacher training even if they decide not to send their children as its not a school holiday. I charge half fee for school hols if not attending but got a parent querying the teacher training day charge. They are on hol and kids nit coming but not sure what to charge now. What do you charge?

Thanks Sarah

QualityCare
30-09-2013, 03:28 PM
If it were tagged onto the end or beginning of school holiday l would charge 1/2 if it were a random week day and a day child normally comes then l would charge for the normal hours.

CLL
30-09-2013, 03:38 PM
If it is a school aged child who normally attended before and after I may still charge for that but not the full day. Tbh if it was me and they were not coming for the day I would probably not charge anything. If it was a lo then I would charge full day as usual.

mrs robbie williams
30-09-2013, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't charge if child not coming but then my schoolies are tto x

Tazmin68
30-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Like others my schoolies are tto so no charge. I have a tto not coming tomorrow due to strike but gaining 2 children one all day and another for 6 hours so i am getting a little extra tomorrow

Goatgirl
30-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I charge as if it were a normal school day regardless of attendance, but offer the option to 'top up' to the full day :thumbsup:

I write this into contracts as I consider td days to be term time days.

Schools can choose when they fall, but I am open all term and my fail safe rule is: Me open = families pay. Me closed = families don't pay.

simples :D

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I would only charge contracted rate (before/after school) unless the parent has requested TTD are covered in the contract and then I would of calculated it into my fees

lizann
30-09-2013, 07:44 PM
I do the same as goatgirl