PDA

View Full Version : FFF Fuming! When will he ever settle?!!

serin
30-09-2013, 08:28 AM
My mindee has been with me a month now. He moans and cries every morning he is with me. Its getting ridiculous! It lasts all morning until I put him down for his nap. He is so cute and I dont want to get rid of him but I am thinking he might just be a moaner for ever. Even his mum said he moans to her...

loocyloo
30-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Can you put him down for a nap sooner? Maybe he is just tired. I had a little one who made a moany sound when tired.

But some children do seem to just whinge and moan!

Good luck x

smurfette
30-09-2013, 09:22 AM
I have five 18 months old in my setting across the week and while they have a few words mostly its 'eh eh eh' and pointing when they want something,, the sound drives me batty some days!! Great they are communicating though, wish the words would come quicker! Bit rough when it's all you hear all day so have my sympathy ! Worth putting him down earlier? Is he better in afternoon?

serin
30-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Sometimes he is ok after his nap and sometimes he is not. Recently though he is not ever happy. He seems tired but doesnt sleep long. He slept 1/2 an hour this morning and now he just keeps moaning.

littlebears1009
30-09-2013, 11:37 AM
I have had an 8 month like this. He had a good few days last week but now back to how he was. He cries in the pram, in the car, in the cot. Some babies are just very unsettled. Im prepared to persevere until it starts affecting other children and my own family as i think i may get somewhere with him. Plus i need the money.

smurfette
30-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I did have one like this who was just a moaney child, think she was used to her own way and all the attention at home and when she didnt get it here she wasn't too happy! Afraid I had to keep her on cos I needed the money but it was hard going!

loocyloo
30-09-2013, 11:41 AM
how old is he?

would mum consider seeing a cranial osteopath? he might have a low level headache or something that the moaning takes the edge off? DS was very unsettled as a babe and the osteopath really helped.

he doesn't need to be a babe. DS went as a babe a few times, once or twice as a toddler, then not again until he was 6. he went for a couple of years, and now at 11 is visiting an osteo again. he says it makes him feel better, even when he can't put into words why he feels like he does/what aches etc.

xxx

serin
30-09-2013, 05:43 PM
He is fine outside just cries the second we are in the house so I dont think he has a underlying problem. Also he dont cry so much in the highchair.

He is 12 months

greanan
30-09-2013, 08:27 PM
He is fine outside just cries the second we are in the house so I dont think he has a underlying problem. Also he dont cry so much in the highchair.

He is 12 months

Is he in the buggy when outside? If he's okay in the highchair aswell he may just feel secure in something. What about a buggy at side of room where he can see what's going on but still feel safe??

chriss
30-09-2013, 10:20 PM

He is 12 months

Have you tried taking him outside in the high chair :laughing: