PDA

View Full Version : Good idea or not?

EmmaReed84
30-09-2013, 08:28 AM
I have decided to do this as a new post so it doesn't get lost in my OP about needing help looking for more children.

So I am desperately trying everything to get more children and exhausted almost every avenue I can short of knocking door to door with leaflets... I am getting that desperate that I am seriously considering it!

Anyway, I had a thought that could possibly help me and other small businesses as well as my son's school. I was thinking of having a small business "show and tell" day where small businesses can have a stall in the school hall for a small fee (given directly to the school) where they can show and tell about what they do. So for Mums who work from home making crafts, the local school uniform shop, local small bakers etc... As well people who offer services such as gardeners, painters, childcarers, cleaners...

What do you think?

Shamai
30-09-2013, 08:43 AM
I think it's a great idea - good for the school, the community and local businesses :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2013, 09:02 AM
This sounds like a great idea - why not talk to the pta about it too as they could make money at the same time

TooEarlyForGin?
30-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Lovely idea, although you may have to keep it quiet to other local childminders. :D

EmmaReed84
30-09-2013, 09:14 AM
I just had to hand something in to the school office so asked the lady there (She knows me quite well - I am always in that office LOL)

Anyway, she has given me the head's email address and said to email her first as she is the first port of call for anything like that and if she likes the idea we can take it from there. I also get on well with the Head, so fingers crossed it is a go.

I did think about the competition and worried, but I am confident in my own setting and what I offer, plus I also like the network side of things and I know a few really lovely ladies and we all get on. In the past when I have not had any spaces I have passed their info on and vice versa.

It is a risk, but one I think that is worth taking as knowing other minders can be helpful for business, so when they are full or cannot accommodate, they can pass things on etc.