PDA

View Full Version : how to complain about the "sister" site.

littlebears1009
30-09-2013, 06:13 AM
the sister site to this has took it upon them to take another membership fee from my bank without me needing it or authorising it. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you get the 19.99 back?

merry
30-09-2013, 06:26 AM
I think complaining to them rather than about them will be the best way to get your money back.

Simona
30-09-2013, 06:31 AM
the sister site to this has took it upon them to take another membership fee from my bank without me needing it or authorising it. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you get the 19.99 back?

Is there a sister site to this forum?
Can anyone take money from your account unless it is something you have authorised yourself like a Direct Debit? if so you need to cancel it and, approach your bank to check why this has happened without, as you say, your authority?

karen m
30-09-2013, 06:34 AM
I didn't know there was a sister site, you must have given bank details for them to take money and then forgot to cancel, maybe it was a free trail and if you chose not to carry on YOU had to cancel before a certain date

loocyloo
30-09-2013, 06:42 AM
I would contact admin through the other site and explain, and then cancel the DD with your bank.

I signed up for membership a couple of years ago and each year the money goes out, I don't get a reminder or anything. the same thing with a magazine subscription I took out! I had to call them & cancel it.

Daisy De
30-09-2013, 06:54 AM
It is an ongoing subscription, either monthly or yearly. To stop the money coming out you have to cancel your subscription with your bank. You can do that the day you sign up if you want then only one payment is taken, saves you forgetting to do it when the month/year is up if you don't want to contine.

It is explained quite clearly though when you sign up :)

Simona
30-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I think we are all in agreement that the payment is in your control...cancel the Direct Debit and that will be the last time they can claim from you!

lilac_dragon
30-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Hate to appear slow- even though it IS a Monday - but who are we talking about?

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Contact the admin of cc and they will refund your money (as long as it wasn't months ago) and then go into your profile section and cancel it on line. Also, as Simona says, cancel it with your bank but not until the money comes back in or it won't be able to.

You must of given them the authority to do this or they wouldn't have your details.

serin
30-09-2013, 08:33 AM
You need to cancel your subscription and also you need to give enough time for it to go through the system. I cancelled mine 11:55 and they still took my money but cancelled it for the following month.

Simona
30-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Hate to appear slow- even though it IS a Monday - but who are we talking about?

I am a bit slow too...did not know the forum had a sibling? and why would they charge? and for what?

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2013, 09:07 AM
I presumed it was childcare.co.uk - both owned and run by the same person

Mouse
30-09-2013, 09:33 AM
It does say in T&Cs that it's an automatic renewal, unless you give notice that you don't want to renew it. If you're paying £19.99 a month and haven't given 7 days notice that you want to cancel your membership you're still liable to pay the fee.

Contact the help team through the website.

Richard
30-09-2013, 09:52 AM
We have a Contact Us page linked from every page of our website.

Please feel free to use that link and we will be happy to help you.

Our customer service team work 365 days a year.

shortstuff
30-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Dd's take 7 days to process so they need to be cancelled more than a week before for the due date to take effect.

As Richard and others have said contact them directly as they are really helpful and will do all they can for you x

littlebears1009
30-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks. I very rarely get chance to use the full version and there is nothing on the app. Ill take a look at it for next time. Cheers.