PDA

View Full Version : This is going to sound bad....

lorettacritchet
29-09-2013, 05:52 PM
This sounds soooo bad but I have just recently redone my ra's putting in potential hazards/risks

I can't put into words why we ask parents permission to take the children out on outings? can someone help me put this into the proper words....:o

MessybutHappy
29-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I ask so that parents could say "no" if they wished to (maybe they have had a bad experience somewhere or want to take the child themselves), and, if the trip is further away so that they are aware in case their child is involved in an accident. Would be a bit shocking to get a call to say child in a&e in the next town over if you had no idea they were there!

bunyip
30-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Just a few ideas:

1. You are following current regulatory requirements - EYFS Statutory Framework 3.64

2. You respect parents' wishes and recognise their prime importance in the lives of their children, and therefore feel it is important to involve them in decisions about the activities their children undertake whilst in your care.

3. The views and opinions of parents help you to reflect upon your practice, activities, RA's, etc. (2 heads are better than one - they may have and idea or think of something we missed.)

:)

MessybutHappy
30-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Just a few ideas:

1. You are following current regulatory requirements - EYFS Statutory Framework 3.64

2. You respect parents' wishes and recognise their prime importance in the lives of their children, and therefore feel it is important to involve them in decisions about the activities their children undertake whilst in your care.

3. The views and opinions of parents help you to reflect upon your practice, activities, RA's, etc. (2 heads are better than one - they may have and idea or think of something we missed.)

:)

I like Bunyips answer better though! As ever, there's me going on instinct and forgetting theres rules to follow too!

Where have you been Bunyip? Not seen you around for a while!

sing-low
30-09-2013, 04:34 PM

I'd been thinking that too!

lizduncan72
30-09-2013, 06:46 PM

Was just wondering that yesterday!!

bunyip
30-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Hello good people.

I've no wish to hijack the thread and suspect my news and excuses for absence would do just that. Do feel free to PM me if you'd really like to hear it.

Bunyip :(? >>>> :)?