PDA

View Full Version : Permission form for extended day trips?

trickiedickie
29-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi there,

Looking for help again. I sent my application form in 2 months ago and the inspector allocated to me sent me quite a long email back listing all the policies, risk assessments and forms she wanted me to do.

I have got most of them done now!!! Never thought I would say that.

Anyhow after scouring the internet for a few hours I cannot find an example permission form for below.

"statement re risk assessment for local and extended outings and permission slips prepared. (one off permission form for local outings - extended outing should have specific form for each outing ( include mode of transport, estimated time of departure and arrival, any specific equipment child requires, etc)"

Above are the exact details she wants on the permission form. I found loads for local/everyday outings but not this extended outing.

Any help greatly welcome.

Also she wants me to include within my policies/risk assessments below.

security - doors to be secured but not with use of key

Have you all just said you use security chains on your front/back doors? My husband isn't sure if we can fit a security chain as we have a plastic front
door.

All advice greatly welcome. Thanks.

rickysmiths
29-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't have forms for this.

All my permissions are listed on a Consent Form so the parent only has to sign one form when they start with me. I include local trips and trips farther afield in these. Also I state by walking, by car, by bus, by train or tube. This way all bases are covered and I can be spontaneous.

On Friday afternoon I had the right combination of children and so I packed a sandwich lunch, jumped in the car, collected children from Nursery and drove 20 miles to a branch of the Natural History Museum for the afternoon. If I had to get a permission form each time I would never do these trips. I have never heard of the need under Ofsted that we have to have separate permissions for for each outing that may be out of our immediate area. I risk assess the trips.

All you need to be sure of is that when you are working that the children can't get out without you seeing and that no one uninvited can get in. I'm not sure apart from locking a UPVC door how you stop the children just using the handle and opening them. This is why I don't like them. Would you be able to put a small bolt on the top of the door?

blue bear
29-09-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't do these forms either as Rickysmiths says a lot of outings are impromptu and we couldn't go if I had to have forms completed each time,

Think I would be tempted to do a statement titled either local outings or further afield outings,

We regularly undertake local outings ( x miles radius)
This may mean us walking, going by car, bus or train. I take the following pre cautions to keep the children safe.
Pushchairs are suitable for the age and weight of the children, walking children hold onto the pram or wear nrnessess or walk just in front depending on their developmental abilility. Car seats are appropriate for the height and weight of the children and are checked regularly. When using public transport the children know we away together and do not talk to strangers, we all sit together and I get off the bus or train first to ensure no one gets left behind.

Then a statement for parents, I can confirm I have read BlueBear policy on regular outing along with x ya and z policy (policies that are relevant) and agree to BlueBear taking child's name on such outings without seeking my permission on each occasion.

trickiedickie
29-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you :thumbsup:

It is doing my head in. Not sure if it is this inspector just being particularly picky or if this is what all new child minders will need to do.

I am just going to have to make one up and hope it is ok.

Not sure at all what to do about my door, my husband thinks he can come up with something. Will give him a few days before asking my Dad's advice. He is a joiner so hoping he will have an idea.

I was talking to a childminder at my children's school a week ago and she said after she sent all the policies/risk assessments back to her inspector he came back and said they weren't acceptable because she had copied and pasted them!!

Think I will cry if mine comes back and says that and I have to start all over again!

rickysmiths
29-09-2013, 05:36 PM
How weird about the permission forms are you in England or are you in Wales or Scotland that may make a difference.

hectors house
29-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Guess trickiedickie is in Scotland as posted under SCSWIS - sounds like their inspectors are very particular on wording of policies - I guess I would just visit local childminders group and ask for help from other childminders in your area - it may be a case that this inspector is more fussy than others!

scottishlass
29-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi there, Looking for help again. I sent my application form in 2 months ago and the inspector allocated to me sent me quite a long email back listing all the policies, risk assessments and forms she wanted me to do. I have got most of them done now!!! Never thought I would say that. Anyhow after scouring the internet for a few hours I cannot find an example permission form for below. "statement re risk assessment for local and extended outings and permission slips prepared. (one off permission form for local outings - extended outing should have specific form for each outing ( include mode of transport, estimated time of departure and arrival, any specific equipment child requires, etc)" Above are the exact details she wants on the permission form. I found loads for local/everyday outings but not this extended outing. Any help greatly welcome. Also she wants me to include within my policies/risk assessments below. security - doors to be secured but not with use of key Have you all just said you use security chains on your front/back doors? My husband isn't sure if we can fit a security chain as we have a plastic front door. All advice greatly welcome. Thanks.

Hi
I am in Scotland too - I do have an extended outing form which I got when I ordered the ring binder from SCMA - I didn't get this until after I registered though and actually wasn't asked for it - it just happened to be in the ring binder!

For my door I have a door which you have to turn the key to open - inspector advised me to out a hook high up beside my door to hook my key on so that's what I have - although when I had the visit from firemen they wanted the key left in the door and not on the hook so what can you do!!

Most of my policies I adapted from Bromley childninding website - I changed them to suit me and it was never questioned - had to amend a couple with slight wording nothing major!

Good luck - sure you will e fine xx

trickiedickie
29-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Hector House-thanks. I am just going to word it as best I can and send it back. All she can do is tell me to redo that one!

Yes I am in Scotland. So will be slightly different to England and Wales, though think I am the first person to actually be asked for that policy.

I have glazed over and lost the will to live. Having spent all weekend on it and still not finished. Weather has been lovely but I have been putting off doing it so couldn't delay any longer. My kids are off tomorrow so hoping to get away for the day and will look at it again Tuesday night, all refreshed hopefully.

Thanks for that info Scottishlass. If my inspector isn't happy with what I write for the extended trip form then I will say that it is within SCMA booklets and I will subscribe to them if I am registered. Hope she is ok with that.

I have a hook up high at side of my door but not sure if that will be what she is looking for. She has specifically said "how will I secure the door without locking it" which makes me think she doesn't want the kids being able to open the door, yet she doesn't want me to lock it either :(

Thanks again for all your help.

scottishlass
29-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Hector House-thanks. I am just going to word it as best I can and send it back. All she can do is tell me to redo that one! Yes I am in Scotland. So will be slightly different to England and Wales, though think I am the first person to actually be asked for that policy. I have glazed over and lost the will to live. Having spent all weekend on it and still not finished. Weather has been lovely but I have been putting off doing it so couldn't delay any longer. My kids are off tomorrow so hoping to get away for the day and will look at it again Tuesday night, all refreshed hopefully. Thanks for that info Scottishlass. If my inspector isn't happy with what I write for the extended trip form then I will say that it is within SCMA booklets and I will subscribe to them if I am registered. Hope she is ok with that. I have a hook up high at side of my door but not sure if that will be what she is looking for. She has specifically said "how will I secure the door without locking it" which makes me think she doesn't want the kids being able to open the door, yet she doesn't want me to lock it either :( Thanks again for all your help. its so hard as they all look for different things ESP with the door locks etc! Xx

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2013, 08:27 AM
I have outings and trips close to home on my consent form but if I was going further afield (1.5 hours away for the day) mine say

I hereby give permission for ......................................... to travel with D .................................. to ......................... on .......................

I understand that the car will be used.

.................................................. .

trickiedickie
30-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks Chatterbox. I might use something like you've put there. The inspector also wants me to put time of departure and time of arrival. So will use your example and add the extra details she wants.

My kids school have day trip forms that I could have adapted but of course I won't see one of their forms for a while now as they have no trips planned. Your example is great Chatterbox and I will do something like that. Thanks.