PDA

View Full Version : Reliable baby monitor?

jadavi
29-09-2013, 07:48 AM
I have got through four since starting 2 years ago. They are not cheap. They seem to just stop working or make a loud interference type white noise.

Any ideas of one I can buy that will not let me down after a few months?

clareelizabeth1
29-09-2013, 07:52 AM
I have an angel one, had it for four years now. It has survived lots of drops from high places. Even has teeth marks from my dog and is still going strong.

jadavi
29-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks I had a look at it.

I just need sound though, not movement etc.
Rather pricey too - but thanks for the tip. I'm happy to pay more if its good but I don't need the sensor pad etc x

jadavi
29-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Has anyone tried the Tomy one? Got good reviews and reasonable price at Argos

Bambini2
29-09-2013, 08:48 AM
I have had a Motorola MBP8 only since July but it is excellent. No interference from other electrical items and sound is very good. I had it from Asda, order online and collect in store. Cost £19.98.

kellyskidz!
29-09-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a Tomy portable one with talkback, its fab to be able to press a button when you hear baby wake and your in the middle of something or just to reassure them by saying 'hello X I'm on my way up'
I've had it since my dd was born so over 5 years and I've never had an issue with it. I like that its portable as the children go into the garden when baby is asleep so I can still hear her even though I'm hovering near the back door!
Hope you find one which works for you xx

jadavi
29-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks both of you I was looking at both these :)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong to have so many stop working.

clareelizabeth1
29-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks I had a look at it. I just need sound though, not movement etc. Rather pricey too - but thanks for the tip. I'm happy to pay more if its good but I don't need the sensor pad etc x

My one is just sound tesco sells it. I think on angel website they are just doing ones with sensors.

MaffAnna
29-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Surely if it's less than a year old you can return it? If your house is anything like mine, you'll have the receipt at the bottom of a paperwork mountain :blush::)

greanan
29-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I have a bt one - it's fab. Can play music aswell which helps little ones drift off xx

Daisy1956
29-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I have the B T one as well not the new one it's about four years old. Never had a problem with it.

jadavi
30-09-2013, 11:52 AM
I noticed my so called broken one was a Tomy.

Tried it again muted and it cuts out all interference and works fine!
What exactly it is muting I'm not sure.... But hey! It works again :)