PDA

View Full Version : what do I do now??

lpsb31
27-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I posted the other day about a difficult situation I was in about handing notice. Well I got some great advice and decided to draw up the letter! Before I had chance to post it or arrange a meeting, the parents requested a meeting with me for tonight which I thought was great as we could chat, clear the air and I would give them the notice then. Well about 20mins ago they cancelled (meeting scheduled for 6) as they say their son is ill. I cant meet over the weekend as I have plans and now dont know what to do about the notice letter as its dated to start monday. I really need to get it sorted as the stress is making me that ill, every time I think about it I throw up :( (I don't think my pregnancy hormones are helping)
They only live up the road, should I pop round and post it or wait to see if they return their child to my care on monday and do it then? I feel bad as there would have been no time to chat, what would you do? x

shortstuff
27-09-2013, 04:30 PM
could you offer to go to their house? as their little one is ill then im sure that might help? or maybe they can sense what is coming and would like time to find an alternative?

lpsb31
27-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Tbh and I know it sounds awful but I dont think hes ill at all! Shes a very difficult woman and has no worries about messing people about to suit her:mad: im pretty sure they have alternative care lined up as I helped find a cm for them for when I move house in 2 weeks and I know she has space for him

shortstuff
27-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Then maybe you should just go and hand deliver the letter? Face to face? If you think they have already organised alternative care it shouldnt be too much of a surprise x

KatieFS
27-09-2013, 09:20 PM
I agree let then know you're happy to go over to then to discuss and give them the letter