PDA

View Full Version : Nursery World Article on councils not offering CM's 2/3/4 yr old funding

AgentTink
27-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I have just been speaking to a journalist from Nursery World in regards to issues with my council not allowing childminders to access 2/3/4/ year old funding unless we go through a accreditation process, even though the government wishes for all providers with good/outstanding Ofsted grade to be able to automatically apply for the funding without any additional hoops been jumped.

Katy is hoping to have an article in the next issue of Nursery World (7th Oct), however she needs more examples of councils who are preventing childminders from accessing the funding.

If you are happy to name your council and for it to be put into a article in Nursery World then please send a email to katy.morton@markallengroup.com

:thumbsup:

hectors house
27-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Received letter from Somerset County Council today, saying I will be included on Directory of Providers and able to claim EYE from now on. They still did ask me to provide copy of level 3 certificate although I informed them that was no longer a requirement.

vals
27-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm in Worthing west sussex, I asked recently about the free funding and they said we still need our level 3. We used to have to be in the network, but just as i did it the paperwork the network was disbanded.

Becci26
27-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm in Worthing west sussex, I asked recently about the free funding and they said we still need our level 3. We used to have to be in the network, but just as i did it the paperwork the network was disbanded.

Vals I had a lady from WSCC out the other day to sort out my funding, she too said they are still wanting cm's to have nvq3 to be eligible. What I thought was crazy though was that on their paperwork it didn't show my qualification so as far as she knew I didn't hold an nvq3 (I do), yet she came round to have the meeting anyway..!! Not quite sure what shed heave said to me if I hadn't shown my certificate!

watgem
27-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I've just recieved my application pack from Somerset, I need to complete the pack, provide my fees policy, prospectus,ofsted registration. I have to follw their flow chart and meet the conditions in their code of practice. all of this will be reviewed, areas of concern identified before a decision can be made., just reading through it all now and not quite the simple process I was expecting and if my parent hadn't requested it I am not sure I would do it

rickysmiths
27-09-2013, 04:06 PM
All you have to be in Hertfordshire now is Ofsted Registered and have a Satisfactory, Good or Outstanding Grade. Nothing else at all.

Simona
27-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I have just been speaking to a journalist from Nursery World in regards to issues with my council not allowing childminders to access 2/3/4/ year old funding unless we go through a accreditation process, even though the government wishes for all providers with good/outstanding Ofsted grade to be able to automatically apply for the funding without any additional hoops been jumped.

Katy is hoping to have an article in the next issue of Nursery World (7th Oct), however she needs more examples of councils who are preventing childminders from accessing the funding.

If you are happy to name your council and for it to be put into a article in Nursery World then please send a email to katy.morton@markallengroup.com

:thumbsup:

There is another thread on this but I will post again
At the #OBC London meeting I was told by the editor of NW that they did not have enough responses from LAs to justify an article but NW would look into it at a future date

In my view there is no need to name the LAs just do an article and flag the problem up...also this is investigative journalism so who better than the journalist to investigate?

Nursery World have a post on LinkedIn asking cms to come forward...no one has but I have reported in general that some LAs were still putting up barriers.. no reply.

Like it or not LAs will continue to do as they wish and impose their own conditions...up to the DfE to intervene, when the scheme flops they can only blame themselves for making the Guidance not clear enough.
Asking for a level 3 when there is no funding is really counterproductive at present....as for accreditation it is futile when no one knows the future of networks...will they survive?

Lets see what the article says when it is published and again, I feel it is up to the representing associations to back us on this!

Tazmin68
27-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi
In birmingham all ok for 3 and 4 year olds but 2 year old funding still has to be acredited.

Deb

AgentTink
27-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Tamzin, would you be willing to send that information via email to katy at nursery world? If so her email address is my original post. :thumbsup:

hectors house
27-09-2013, 08:04 PM
I've just recieved my application pack from Somerset, I need to complete the pack, provide my fees policy, prospectus,ofsted registration. I have to follw their flow chart and meet the conditions in their code of practice. all of this will be reviewed, areas of concern identified before a decision can be made., just reading through it all now and not quite the simple process I was expecting and if my parent hadn't requested it I am not sure I would do it

I just completed the form (where it says name of SEN advisor, I rang up as I didn't know and they said that it was ME!) have now booked onto the SEN course being run by SCIL in Yeovil next weekend. I don't have a separate fees policy and prospectus - I just reworded my leaflet I give out to parents - mine went straight through, I expected them to say I had to send more, did have to send copy of Ofsted certificate and Level 3 certificate. Haven't got any spaces for funded children - but I am going on the list of providers! So Watgem if they let me in, i'm sure you will be fine :D

karen m
27-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Have to be on the Network in Cheshire

watgem
28-09-2013, 10:53 AM
thanks Hectors House I think I'm having a wobbley moment as the mum I'm doing it for will be going on mat leave soon and emailed me to let me know she will be changing LO's hours when he returns, so I'm wondering if it will be worth it all. do we have to do a SEN course before we can be accepted? and how do we find out who our ENCO is?

shortstuff
29-09-2013, 05:07 AM
I just had it confirmed yesterday that Hampshire are following the guidelines and should expect the email outlining this very soon x