PDA

View Full Version : After schoolies and the playpark

Tulip
26-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Evening all :)

I'm still going through the process of registering. I'm just thinking about when I am eventually registered and caring for after school children. I think it would be lovely to go to the park so they can let steam off. What I am worried about though is children getting their uniforms dirty and their parents being non too happy with it. Personally it wouldn't bother me I would just be glad my child was active and having fun but perhaps their parents wouldn't think the same! So do any of you lovely people take after schoolies to the park on the way home?

cathtee
26-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't take mine to the park but they do go in the garden, but I do find myself telling them to stop rolling around on the grass in their
uniform, not had any moms moan about any grass stains yet!

tulip0803
26-09-2013, 10:41 PM
I often take the after-schoolies to the park. All my parents are fine and all the children have more than one set of school uniform. Our park is not very muddy even if it has rained and most of my LOs go to school with trainers rather than school shoes anyway. Tell parents that you plan to do this - don't ask them.

clareelizabeth1
27-09-2013, 05:40 AM
When I had schoolies most of them came home from school with grass stains. Ripped knees from playing football and worse. So I never worried about what happened to the uniform with me.

It does depend on the parents.

I had one set of parents who did not like children getting messy. Those two sat out of things of there own accord. They wouldn't go outside to play unless grass was completely wet. I even had a set of messy clothes for them but parent still had a heart attack if they fit dirty.

Most parents are happy for children to get messy and have enough uniforms to last. You will get the odd one that's not but then you have to think are they for you.

Glitter
27-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Its best to tell parents that you visit the park on the way home and their chidren will get mucky. If parents don't like this ask them to provide waterproof trousers and coats for their children to put on to keep uniform clean.

Personally if my children are not filthy at the end of the day I worry they have not been having fun.

loocyloo
27-09-2013, 12:54 PM
some days I send all the children home so dirty I am always apologising! :D

I have a couple of 'mud magnets' who can find mud in the driest of places, and another who always get tea down himself, even if wearing an apron! all the parents seem fine about it and say they are pleased the children have fun and are allowed to be children.

kellyskidz!
27-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I used to have a little boy who I picked up from morning nursery and he stayed in his uniform until 530 pick up. He went home in a STATE everyday. He was naturally messy and combined with our Mud Kitchen, messy play and outdoor walks.. Well you can imagine the colour of him at home time! Mum used to look a little shocked but thankfully knew how messy he could get. I was forever apologising and chasing after him with an apron but they're kids, they get messy and decent parents will understand this. Don't worry about it, just concentrate on having fun!xx

Tulip
27-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Lol some fab replies, thanks. Dirt! bring it on:laughing: