PDA

View Full Version : 'OFSTED Reigistered Independent Childminders'...new group on Linkedin

Simona
26-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I have created a new group on LinkedIn for those cms who wish to remain independent of agencies to share information, good practice and offer support

The aim is to connect with cms across the country, link to others professionals involved in EY such as trainers and consultants and also provide a link to the #OfstedBigConversation campaign so we can follow the developments.

OFSTED Reigistered Indpendent Childminders | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=5190801&trk=anet_ug_hm)

please join and share your concerns and hopes for the future.....forgive the typos in the title ..they will be corrected soon

Simona
30-09-2013, 01:20 PM
An interesting piece of advice and information was posted in the thread today about agencies...come and check it out

Smiley
30-09-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm not part of LinkedIn but just had a look via your link below and see we need to join

Simona
30-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm not part of LinkedIn but just had a look via your link below and see we need to join

Yes it by invitation or you can ask to join the group...it is very easy...if I could join anyone can!!

blue bear
30-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Thank you Simona, think I will give it a go.

teacake2
30-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Put a request in to join.
Teacake2

Simona
30-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Put a request in to join.
Teacake2

Granted and you are very welcome!

hectors house
01-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur - can someone tell me what LinkedIn is and how is it used?

Simona
01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur - can someone tell me what LinkedIn is and how is it used?

LinkedIn is a forum where professionals join networks and groups to discuss topics that are of interest to them
To join you need to register and then access with your password
Anyone can create a group and then invite people to join or people can ask the 'creator' of the group to join.

In a way it is similar to Facebook but it is a 'professional network'
unlike Facebook people cannot 'sneak in' and cause trouble, be rude or have a row....in other words they cannot just appear, because to access the person who has created the group has to 'Accept' their request to join.

The reason for creating the ORIC group is because our campaign against agencies needs to be widening now and, in my view, it is not only close to cms as many others in the sector are against agencies so when it comes to doing the agency consultation all are aware of our concerns

Above all LinkedIn is private and not a public forum...no on can see the discussions unless they are in the group.

Does this help? sorry probably not as clear as it should be

hectors house
01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
LinkedIn is a forum where professionals join networks and groups to discuss topics that are of interest to them
To join you need to register and then access with your password
Anyone can create a group and then invite people to join or people can ask the 'creator' of the group to join.

In a way it is similar to Facebook but it is a 'professional network'
unlike Facebook people cannot 'sneak in' and cause trouble, be rude or have a row....in other words they cannot just appear, because to access the person who has created the group has to 'Accept' their request to join.

The reason for creating the ORIC group is because our campaign against agencies needs to be widening now and, in my view, it is not only close to cms as many others in the sector are against agencies so when it comes to doing the agency consultation all are aware of our concerns

Above all LinkedIn is private and not a public forum...no on can see the discussions unless they are in the group.

Does this help? sorry probably not as clear as it should be

Thank you - I did set up a linked in account a couple of months ago when I had a request to join - but other than getting bombarded with e-mails from other people also on LinkedIn I don't use it or really understand what I signed up to. I will look at your LinkedIn and try to request entry some time today. :)

Simona
01-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Thank you - I did set up a linked in account a couple of months ago when I had a request to join - but other than getting bombarded with e-mails from other people also on LinkedIn I don't use it or really understand what I signed up to. I will look at your LinkedIn and try to request entry some time today. :)

please do...yes you can be bombarded with requests but you can be in control and not receive all of them just the ones of interest to you.
You can also choose the groups you would be n most interested in joining..thre are hundreds so be choosy!

mum24
01-10-2013, 10:39 AM
I have created a new group on LinkedIn for those cms who wish to remain independent of agencies to share information, good practice and offer support

The aim is to connect with cms across the country, link to others professionals involved in EY such as trainers and consultants and also provide a link to the #OfstedBigConversation campaign so we can follow the developments.

OFSTED Reigistered Indpendent Childminders | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=5190801&trk=anet_ug_hm)

please join and share your concerns and hopes for the future.....forgive the typos in the title ..they will be corrected soon

Hi Simona,I have asked to join too, though I am not too sure how to use linked in, a good idea though to keep us informed.

Simona
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Simona,I have asked to join too, though I am not too sure how to use linked in, a good idea though to keep us informed.

You can subscribe to receive comments by emails...if they are of interest click on the link to read and reply
Or just log in every day to see what is happening...I am new at this too but have many people helping me to understand for which I am very grateful

It is no different to any other form of Info sharing because you have to register and use your password...the only difference it is a private group so we will get no one coming in to argue or make trouble.
I find it very professional and respectful

What is happening is very apparent now and many agree...agencies are a topic we ALL discuss somehow and somewhere but one particular group, website or forum cannot reach to ALL cms so we have to info share and keep cms informed, info sharing is knowledge and knowledge is a powerful tool.

We must prevent CMs joining an agency until they are totally sure that is what they want to do and know all the terms and conditions attached to their m'ship.

AliceK
01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I have just joined and requested to join this group. Pending Approval!! I hope I did it all correct :blush:

xxxx

Simona
01-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I have just joined and requested to join this group. Pending Approval!! I hope I did it all correct :blush:

xxxx

Yes you did....difficult to know who is who with all these names we use...AARRGGHH!!!!
I have to keep checking the requests to join and I am doing so regularly...so the wait is only for a few hours
All done now.

Smiley
01-10-2013, 05:48 PM
I joined this morning, must check if I'm still pending :)

FussyElmo
01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
ORIC

So close if it had been ORAC it would have been the computer from Blakes 7. Right that's me crawling back into my geeky hole 2 threads in one evening I have been able to do a superhero and now a scfi reference :laughing::laughing:

Daisy1956
01-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi Simona
I have just applied to join, I am pending. Not brill o technology but willing to learn.

Simona
01-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi Simona
I have just applied to join, I am pending. Not brill o technology but willing to learn.

All requests granted...
neither am I that good but willing to learn
So far not too difficult ...does not require a Sherlock mind I hope!

Simona
02-10-2013, 08:53 AM
PLA/Under 5 Magazine has joined the CMs LinkedIn group and posted a question to cms about our concerns over Ofsted inspections and how to complain
Pleased we have one of the representing Associations on board listening and hopefully acting on our worries.
I have listed a few concerns so hope other cms will add theirs.

Nursery World has also joined and their interest is the 2, 3 and 4 year old funding.
They are about to do another article on the barriers faced by cms...so if you wish to be heard add your comments the journalist will pick them up.

Again I have posted a few of my concerns so hope you can add yours.

CH1957
02-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I've also requested to join Simona :)

Simona
02-10-2013, 09:43 AM
I've also requested to join Simona :)

Have just seen it and completed.

Bambini2
02-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Have joined and am getting emails about new topics but no time to read them as I am dashed off my feet with lots of new children. It's a bit like knitting fog at the moment. Hope it all calms down soon.:)

Simona
02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Have joined and am getting emails about new topics but no time to read them as I am dashed off my feet with lots of new children. It's a bit like knitting fog at the moment. Hope it all calms down soon.:)

Yes you will get emails if you have subscribed for them and can read them as they arrive, the comments are normally short..
if you wish to reply then you need to click on the link and add your comment.
It is no different to any other forum where you can also be notified of comments in a thread you like.

Unfortunately we are all rushed off our feet but soon a lot will be happening...at least you are informed and updated.
Both Ofsted and funding for cms are important topics to be aware of and both covered in the group

Simona
03-10-2013, 04:40 PM
PLA/Under 5 Magazine is doing a feature on Ofsted inspections in the Nov issue...so if you wish to share your experiences or concerns you can share them with the group.

This will be very relevant now that the new Ofsted inspection framework has been published alongside other relevant documents

They are also raising the concerns regarding cms and funding...so again if you have any do share with the group.

The editor is participating and reading our concerns

SammySplodger
03-10-2013, 05:21 PM
PLA/Under 5 Magazine is doing a feature on Ofsted inspections in the Nov issue...so if you wish to share your experiences or concerns you can share them with the group.

This will be very relevant now that the new Ofsted inspection framework has been published alongside other relevant documents

They are also raising the concerns regarding cms and funding...so again if you have any do share with the group.

The editor is participating and reading our concerns

Do they have Sarah's list which the FB group all fed into? It's very comprehensive and a worrying read. Shows what a lottery the current situation is.

Simona
03-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Do they have Sarah's list which the FB group all fed into? It's very comprehensive and a worrying read. Shows what a lottery the current situation is.

Sorry Sammy I can't answer that question as I am not on FB nor do I know how it works
If PLA are on the FB group then they will have picked up the concerns I assume...not sure really

PLA are an active member of the #OfstedBigConversation campaign so they are aware of providers' concerns via meetings and other forms of info sharing and communication.
Now they are also raising the matter of funding and asking for cms' experiences...I think this is positive.

sarah707
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
It is here as a Forum blog - I know that PLA have it but I have yet to hear any feedback from them. I hope we haven't been forgotten :(

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/blogs/sarah707/74-ofsted-inspection-feedback.html

Simona
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
That is a very comprehensive list of cms' concerns...

if any of those cms would like to input personally about their inspection experiences they are most welcome to join the LinkedIn group and put their individual opinion forward.

From what I gather on LinkedIn Ofsted are acting and now consulting with Tribal and Prospect on their practice...a big step forward!!

Simona
10-10-2013, 07:04 AM
May I ask those cms who have asked to join the LinkedIn group to send me a message so that I can identify who you are if your name for the LinkedIn is different from that used here...that will help speed up approval

Many thanks

Simona
21-10-2013, 07:22 AM
There has been a lot going on recently and I expect news of it will come out soon but I am unable to post here as the links will be starred and I want to keep to the forum's rules

Therefore if you are interested please join the IC group and keep updated
OFSTED Registered Independent Childminders | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=5190801&trk=my_groups-b-grp-v)