PDA

View Full Version : Parent welcome packs/Portfoilios

Sarahj2012
26-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi,
I was wondering If I can get some advice. Do a lot of childminders give new parents a welcome pack.?
If so what goes in it.?
I'm a bit confused as I don't know what to put in the welcome pack that parents take away with them, and what goes in the portfolio which stay with me.?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Sarah :o

moggy
26-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I do not give a pack. All is in portfolio to see here and I email policies/permissions/info forms etc to parents. That way they can print out what i need them to fill in for me, and the rest of it for reference if they want to, and saves me ink.

sarah707
27-09-2013, 07:26 AM
I would usually contain information about you, your setting, your business rules eg opening and closing times, things parents need to bring - those sorts of things.

:D

Sarahj2012
29-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you ladies

Bambini2
29-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Info about me and my setting.

Copy of Sick Child Policy.

Permission forms for medical emergency,observations,photographs,partnership with providers letter and permission ,outings,large play equipment & sun cream application.

Pacey Child Record Form.

Now I offer entitlement county also want me to include a section on: Booking,Fees Policy and Billing.This includes sections on:
Arrears Monitoring,Non Payment of Fees Procedure,How parents can claim Working Tax Credit,Childcare Vouchers,Methods of Payment and a sample invoice.

All other policies and info are in folders and parents can look at them here at any time.

hectors house
29-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Info about me and my setting.

Copy of Sick Child Policy.

Permission forms for medical emergency,observations,photographs,partnership with providers letter and permission ,outings,large play equipment & sun cream application.

Pacey Child Record Form.

Now I offer entitlement county also want me to include a section on: Booking,Fees Policy and Billing.This includes sections on:
Arrears Monitoring,Non Payment of Fees Procedure,How parents can claim Working Tax Credit,Childcare Vouchers,Methods of Payment and a sample invoice.

All other policies and info are in folders and parents can look at them here at any time.

Now I have been accepted for funding I had better pop up and check up on your extra funded section policies - as I haven't got any of the things you have mentioned!