PDA

View Full Version : Feeling claustrophobic

skatie
26-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Just need a bit of a moan. My day has not been the best on record and I'm going to blame my Dh for being away on business and not being here to make my morning coffee!! My bad day started at 7:00 when mum dropped mindee off who had a cough '' pease keep an eye on her, if she is poorly don't send her to nursery and phone me to collect, don't worry about the money.' Huh?? You ain't doing me a favour love, it's in my sickness policy!

On preparing for the school run all the kids were in the porch putting their shoes on when I elbowed older mindee in the head. Don't shoot me down but all I could think was fgs can I not even have room to move my arms?!

Bad mood has simmered all day as ds2 has decided to plank whilst getting into car seat or buggy.

Collect mindee from school for the first time, I say 'hello, we have to collect ds1 and other mindee from classrooms'. To which he walks off, continues walking whilst I'm calling his name, carrying my ds2 and pushing mindee 3 yrs in the buggy because she 'can't even walk'. Mindee continues to walk right out the school gate.... I shout very loud and he stops and comes back but dawdles along with all the time in the world whilst I try to hurry him along to collect other 2 who are probably waiting.

By this time I am a little flustered to say the least, at home I cook tea, eldest mindee is a nightmare to feed, doesn't eat anythin with a sauce, doesn't like yogurt, custard, jelly etc etc. I make sausages, Yorkshire pudding, veg at her request. She says she doesn't like the sausages. I'm so bored of this so I said to mum tonight, " I've given this a really good try and it's not working, I can't do dinners for her anymore" . Mum says " tell me what you are giving her and I'll tell you what I would buy." I replied "um no, I'm not changing what I buy to suit your child". Grrr!

At dinner time I have multiple requests beginning with "I want" or "get me", I had a moan to all the kids saying I'm a bit tired of prompting you to say please and thank you, how about we just remember our manners?

Hubby has arrived ack from business trip at this time to which I vent, he has now been hiding in the loo for half an hour! Don't blame him but seriously wish I could escape sometimes. My ds2 won't even let me have a wee in peace....

Sorry for the moan!

AdeleMarie88
26-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Massive hugs!! You are not at all alone, and I am relieved I am not the only one who has days like these. Try to forget it now, tomorrow is another day!! You are not the first to feel like this and certainly won't be the last! Xx

sarah707
26-09-2013, 05:52 PM
:group hug::group hug:

AgentTink
26-09-2013, 05:54 PM
I think we have all had days like these, i know i certainly do. Dont apologise for the vent, we all need to do at some point :thumbsup:

AliceK
26-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Hugs to you ((((( )))))
Your day (and your mood) sounds just like mine except I have been like it all week. I have a mindee (3) who so far this week at lunchtime I have had the wrong bread, the wrong cheese and the wrong ham :angry: I am so sick of wasting my time and money making meals for a child who sits there for an hour picking at things, telling me it's all wrong and all this with a face like thunder. Dinners are no better. On top of this I have a screaming newbie who screams so loud for so long I cannot hear myself think, parents who think they can chop and change their hours at a moments notice and yes when they tell me they are picking up early it's like they are doing me a favour - err no you're not I do have other children to care for so do not have "time off" just because you decide to pick up early. I am full of cold, have a stinking headache, cannot smell or taste anything and am knackered but not too knackered to have a Notice letter just waiting to be printed off if things do not improve pdq.
So hugs to you and sending you my sympathies xxxx

merry
26-09-2013, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=skatie;1304321]
On preparing for the school run all the kids were in the porch putting their shoes on when I elbowed older mindee in the head. Don't shoot me down but all I could think was fgs can I not even have room to move my arms?!
I get this with 2 toddlers who follow me everywhere, I'm constantly saying just move back a bit so I can get through the door/wherever, when inside my head I'm thinking will you just MOVE for once so I can move without tripping over someone!!!

Mum says " tell me what you are giving her and I'll tell you what I would buy." I replied "um no, I'm not changing what I buy to suit your child". Grrr!
Well said!

At dinner time I have multiple requests beginning with "I want" or "get me", I had a moan to all the kids saying I'm a bit tired of prompting you to say please and thank you, how about we just remember our manners?
I'm getting a lot of this too, I don't know if it's back to school tiredness or what but getting very annoying

I hope you get a reasonably peaceful evening anyway, only one more day til the weekend
QUOTE]

sing-low
26-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Sounds horrendous! Sometimes we have those days where it's just one thing after another. I know what you mean about not having room - I always seem to be nearly falling over someone I wasn't expecting to be there! Sigh! At least your hubby is back now so you should get your coffee tomorrow morning!:thumbsup:

KatieFS
26-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes i can relate to that. i have s 2 year old who stands/follows me around and often bump into her. so many times ask her to give me a bit of room!
Alcohol and crisps would be my solution and remember tomorrow us another day.
Happy happy happy

Sending virtual hugs!

sprinkles
26-09-2013, 09:22 PM
It's even worse when you're in the supermarket and because LO follows you around so closely you look round and think you've lost them, begin to panic to then realise they are standing right behind you but so close they are right in your blind spot!! :panic:

scottishlass
26-09-2013, 09:56 PM
It's even worse when you're in the supermarket and because LO follows you around so closely you look round and think you've lost them, begin to panic to then realise they are standing right behind you but so close they are right in your blind spot!! :panic: lol I used to do this with my youngest all the time - would be wildly shouting on her to then here mum right behind me!! Xx

skatie
27-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks everyone, I have tried to start today on the right foot, with a lovely coffee made by Dh. Only 1 mindee today plus my ds2 so going to chill at toddler group this morning and try to be a 'fun' person instead of a dragon lady! Love the comment about the wine and crisps except that I seem to be going through an awful lot of that at the moment, the first glass is downed quite rapidly shortly after 6 o'clock and I'm blaming the kids for making me stress eat so much chocolate that I have gained nearly 6 kgs in 5 months *eek!*. Lol!

migimoo
27-09-2013, 08:25 AM
This made me smile!
I have 4 x nearly 2 yr olds atm and they 'flock' after me around my setting,I'm always bumping one or standing on their toes and they particularly like to all stand in doorways when I'm trying to get through.

2 of them will not eat anything I make "oh,they have rice or stew at home" ....well your contract clearly states a COLD lunch will be provided so pretty obvious I wouldn't be making that before you signed!

One of my mindees will not come when called-as in if we're going out and all getting coats on/time for lunch,etc....I've joked to his mum that I'm sure she's told me the wrong name as he never responds to it.

Saying all that they are a lovely bunch and I'm very lucky,no screamers,biters or tantrums atm-I just have to remind myself sometimes.:blush:

Louise B
27-09-2013, 09:33 AM
It's the same here. I need to get into the porch to unlock the door on the way to school, but they all clamber to be in there, so I can't get us out! It's mayhem. I also have kids who won't eat what I cook and the same goes for my own, so they're told they can leave it if they don't like it, but they'll get nothing else if they haven't given it a go, and definitely no chocolate for pudding if they don't eat ALL of it. My husband has said he'd rather fight in a war than do my job, lol. xx

MessybutHappy
27-09-2013, 10:50 AM
It's the same here. I need to get into the porch to unlock the door on the way to school, but they all clamber to be in there, so I can't get us out! It's mayhem. I also have kids who won't eat what I cook and the same goes for my own, so they're told they can leave it if they don't like it, but they'll get nothing else if they haven't given it a go, and definitely no chocolate for pudding if they don't eat ALL of it. My husband has said he'd rather fight in a war than do my job, lol. xx

I had the porch problem, now we line up like soldiers and I make a bit of a fuss checking everyone has a head...hands... Bag....etc, there's a competition going to see whos first in line! Won't last, but works for now!

k1rstie
27-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I find this time of year hard. Some people do not like January due to the start of a new year, for me, September is like this, with new arrangements with my kids and mindees too.
Lots of colds nod bugs do not help either. And the kids are all tired from being back at school.

My advice would be to get lots of sleep, turn your listening ears off, buy yourself some of your favourite fruit (I love raspberries) or chocolate, don't share and enjoy!!

OP - If you are in a bit of a funk at the moment, could some multivitamins lift your spirits?