PDA

View Full Version : CPD

catminder
26-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm starting a Continuous Professional Development file but not quite sure the type of things I should be putting in it.
Is it just for certificates (1st aid, food hygiene etc) and courses attended or do I also include written information detailing any changes/improvements I have made to my setting?
I would be interested to see what others include in their CPD file.
Also, is loose leaf or a diary/notebook better?
Thanks
Alison X

AliceK
26-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Mine is just a folder which I put sheets in dated and write the details on. I don't put my certificates in there, they go in my parents folder to look at. I put things in there such as what resources I might want to buy, if I have changed anything and why, which courses I want to go on, any courses I have attended etc etc. It's not particularly pretty but Ofsted were very happy with it when they read it (I don't do an SEF)

xxxx

jackie 7
26-09-2013, 03:12 PM
If you are a pacey member they have somewhere Uluru can put it and print out for ofsted. I heard about it on Saturday and it sounded good. Not that I have looked just too busy.

eddie
26-09-2013, 06:56 PM
I also note down when I have spent time reading articles and magazines - relevant to childcare of course! And any meetings/seminars that are not courses (or have certificates issued).

Glitter
26-09-2013, 07:29 PM
My CPD is a note book full of things I have done. I date each things and every few months I check through and put a note underneath to say how it has made me a better childminder.

I include course, but also time spent on this forum researching how to be a better child minder, meetings with parents to discuss their child's care, when I have updated my policies and risk assessments. I even put in time spent researching new equipment (this is many reading reviews and looking on ebay/ car boot sale for new toys!).

I include how long I spent on each thing and so far this year I have done over 30 hours of CPD!

Ofsted liked the fact I reflect on how each thing improves my service
e.g. Spent one hour discussing A's development with his Mum.
This has helped me to plan more activities for A to do that reflect his home culture.

Hope this helps.

catminder
27-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I have a good idea what to include now.
Good advice to reflect on how this improves things Glitter.
Alison X

Tazmin68
27-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Also worth keep updating sef and submit it regular. I had an unannounced inspection which finished last Friday and the first words from inspector was that I had not submitted an up to date sef. I was only inspected November 11 and was planning to do it next month but ofsted received a complaint which triggered the inspection.