PDA

View Full Version : giving up!

jake
26-09-2013, 09:50 AM
I am giving up childminding in a couple of months,i only have one mindee left as not replaced any that have left already.My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer in june,and he may only have a few months at the most..to be honest i am losing interest in childminding as time goes on.I love the one mindee that iv got left and she has been with me since the beginning,has become part of the family really.And she is very close to my own children so will be still coming for tea and to spend time with my daughter as they are great friends.I am normally very enthusiastic and enjoy what i do,but i feel so sad and down with myself...everything is getting on top of me and i dont know what to do!! Cancer is a cruel horrible thing and i cant cope with seeing my dad like this,and its just going to get worse!!!Under these circumstances i dont think i should be looking after other peoples children.Im lucky that my hubby has a really good and well paid job,so we dont really need the income..Im also lucky that he is my rock..and will support me every step of the way!Sorry to be so depressing!! Jake

trickiedickie
26-09-2013, 10:17 AM
You have made the right decision. You will want this precious time without the added worry and responsibility. I don't know what else to day but didn't want to not say anything.

It is lovely your daughter has gained a friend and you have gained an extra special wee person in your life x

Mouse
26-09-2013, 10:25 AM
How devastating for you all. It really does make you see that nothing is as important as family.

I hope in whatever time you've got left with your dad you can create a lot of happy memories to keep you going through the darkest times.

:group hug:

Mollymop
26-09-2013, 10:29 AM
So sorry to hear about your Dad and hope that you find a job you really enjoy doing xx

shortstuff
26-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Im so sorry to hear your terrible news x

As others have said I hope you can make some really happy and positive memories in the coming times x

silvermist
26-09-2013, 10:45 AM
So sorry to hear about your dad. Sending hugs xx

Maza
26-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear your sad news. It's lovely that your DD is such good friends with your mindee.
Remember, we are all hear to listen. The only other thing I would suggest is that without work you might need something else to keep you busy and occupied during this dark and difficult time. Is there any voluntary work or charity work that you could do which will help you to 'take your mind off things' occasionally? I was between jobs when my dad was diagnosed with cancer and found that volunteering in my local school really helped and meant that I was not alone all day. x

sprinkles
26-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad - losing a parent isn't easy, and it's even harder when you know it's going to happen. I totally understand you wanting to concentrate on him without the added stress of work and think it's lovely your daughter has gained a good friend from your work.

I do agree about maybe volunteering or similar. I had been laid off a few weeks before my mum passed away and the days following were awful as I was in the house all day by myself with far too much time to think about things.

Take things easy and concentrate on what matters.

sarah707
26-09-2013, 01:25 PM
So sorry to hear your news. Now is the time to put yourself and your family first.

Have you been to see the doctor? You sound very depressed and I would urge you to make time to look after YOU.

Hugs xx

cs01
26-09-2013, 03:00 PM
I am giving up childminding in a couple of months,i only have one mindee left as not replaced any that have left already.My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer in june,and he may only have a few months at the most..to be honest i am losing interest in childminding as time goes on.I love the one mindee that iv got left and she has been with me since the beginning,has become part of the family really.And she is very close to my own children so will be still coming for tea and to spend time with my daughter as they are great friends.I am normally very enthusiastic and enjoy what i do,but i feel so sad and down with myself...everything is getting on top of me and i dont know what to do!! Cancer is a cruel horrible thing and i cant cope with seeing my dad like this,and its just going to get worse!!!Under these circumstances i dont think i should be looking after other peoples children.Im lucky that my hubby has a really good and well paid job,so we dont really need the income..Im also lucky that he is my rock..and will support me every step of the way!Sorry to be so depressing!! Jake

So sorry to hear about your dad. I just lost my mum to lung cancer (2 weeks ago) after a 10 month battle so I completely understand all the emotions you must be going through. I also cut down my workload as couldn'd give my all to childminding. Happy for you to pm me if you ever need to chat x

Mrs Scrubbit
26-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad, I think that you've made the right decision- you and your family come first, thinking of you all :group hug:xx11