PDA

View Full Version : Little advice please

Hello you
26-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Hello, childminders, nannies...

I hope everyone goes well! I am doing my OFSTED registration and they told me on phone that they
are awaiting for my social services checks from Southwark.

There are anyone here who know what does it means? It takes to long, please help me!

I am applying as a Nanny home Childcare, I look after one girl 15:20 - 19:20 every day.

Many thanks

Bluebell
27-09-2013, 06:31 AM
its just to check they don't have you on their system for any personal circumstances - so if you've had your own children taken off you then you wouldn't necessarily be on a police system for criminal reasons but social services would have you on their file and would deem you as maybe unsuitable to look after children.
Its nothing to worry about but I don't know why it should take so long!

sarah707
27-09-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm afraid it will take as long as it takes :( these things can be veerrry slow....

Hopefully not much longer!! Have you chased... and chased... and chased?? :D

Hello you
27-09-2013, 08:06 AM
its just to check they don't have you on their system for any personal circumstances - so if you've had your own children taken off you then you wouldn't necessarily be on a police system for criminal reasons but social services would have you on their file and would deem you as maybe unsuitable to look after children.
Its nothing to worry about but I don't know why it should take so long!

Thank you very much :) I am getting mad with OFSTED, to long...

shortstuff
27-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Its worth cahsing both ofsted and SS as the communication between them seems to be shocking. SS only completed OH's when i personally chased it.

kellyskidz!
27-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Keep phoning!! It is frustrating but it will come..eventually!:thumbsup: xx

NessaTT
27-09-2013, 08:26 PM
My childminding regeneration took 8 months. It was incredibly frustrating but I got there in the end. Hang in there.