PDA

View Full Version : So thats what a proper parent looks like

SYLVIA
25-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Conversation in the back of the car today between a 7yr old and his 5 yr old sister.
" Did you know that when daddy was a little boy, Nanny and Grandad weren't grandparents, they were his parents and they looked like proper mummies and daddies with no wrinkles and they could bend over properly" Oh the joys of getting old!!

Mrs Scrubbit
25-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Ah! Don't they make you curl up laughing, one of the lovely 'perks' of this job we do :laughing: xx

clareelizabeth1
25-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Sweet. Love the things children say

miffy
25-09-2013, 09:27 PM
That made me chuckle :)

Miffy xx

lozzy23
25-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I love the things children say.

My 2 x 3yr old mindees were chatting at lunchtime. S said "When I grow up I am going to big and then there will be 2 daddies in my home, I will get hairy and do that shaving thing with the special brush".

MessybutHappy
26-09-2013, 06:22 AM
So funny! Thank you for sharing!

jadavi
26-09-2013, 06:32 AM
My reception child should have done PE

I asked him about it . He said:''they wouldn't let me do it '
I asked why and after a lot of thought he said
'They forgot how to do it'
:)

hectors house
26-09-2013, 07:51 AM
I was explaining to a 4 year old mindee that our local park is named after Queen Victoria and it was made to celebrate her special anniversary of 60 years of being Queen, I then went on to say that last year our Queen had her special anniversary too - he replied "And she isn't dead yet"! I then said that Queen Victoria died when she was very old and he said "did they chop off her head"! Horrible Histories on the TV has a lot to answer for. :D

cherry
26-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I was reading a story to a 3 year old and pointing to the animals in the picture I asked him how many could he see, his reply was "All of them" :laughing:

smurfette
26-09-2013, 07:55 AM
I love the things children say.

My 2 x 3yr old mindees were chatting at lunchtime. S said "When I grow up I am going to big and then there will be 2 daddies in my home, I will get hairy and do that shaving thing with the special brush".

Lol! Love this!!

Mummits
26-09-2013, 08:39 AM
I asked one of my little girls to get into her car seat in the back of the car. " I could go in the middle seat now" she said "I'm not a big little girl any more = I'm a little big girl".

greanan
26-09-2013, 08:58 AM
I asked one of my little girls to get into her car seat in the back of the car. " I could go in the middle seat now" she said "I'm not a big little girl any more = I'm a little big girl".

Love this!! That's so clever! I took mindee swimming last week and he said he had to keep his legs going like peddling a bike

doris127
26-09-2013, 11:18 AM
We had the radio at lunchtime - my 4yo said "what's this song called?" "wuthering heights - 1 of my favourites" After a good think she asked " why would you like a song about hammering tights?"

watford wizz
26-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Walk to school with three year old singing "old McDonald had a farm e i e i o" then paused I was just about to continue when LO says " of course he did where else would he put the animals" another pause when 4 year old LO says " he doesn't have any animals till you sing them".

Amandak28
26-09-2013, 05:59 PM
We had the radio at lunchtime - my 4yo said "what's this song called?" "wuthering heights - 1 of my favourites" After a good think she asked " why would you like a song about hammering tights?"
Lol this made me chuckle :-)

smurfette
26-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Walk to school with three year old singing "old McDonald had a farm e i e i o" then paused I was just about to continue when LO says " of course he did where else would he put the animals" another pause when 4 year old LO says " he doesn't have any animals till you sing them".

Brilliant!!