PDA

View Full Version : Planning for 9 month old

lwesthorp
25-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi all,

I have only been minding for 1 month & I'm getting organised with my play plans.

I have a baby of 9 months who was prem... He's just started sitting up. I am struggling to write my weekly play plans as its becoming abit repetitive... I need some ideas please for adult initiated??

Really appreciate any assistance!! x

amylouise867
25-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi all, I have only been minding for 1 month & I'm getting organised with my play plans. I have a baby of 9 months who was prem... He's just started sitting up. I am struggling to write my weekly play plans as its becoming abit repetitive... I need some ideas please for adult initiated?? Really appreciate any assistance!! x

Exploring texture -
Finger/hand painting
Spaghetti
Treasure basket

Water play -
Using a large bowl shallow fill for some splish splashing

Make some discovery bottles and explore the sounds they make.

Musical instruments and songs & rhyme time.

Hope this gives you a couple if new ideas maybe.

Amy :) xx

lwesthorp
25-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for your response Amy, unfortunately I have all of those ideas. I feel like I do alot of sensory play, music, books, rhymes, messy play... It's hard to keep calling these different things for weekly plans!!

In the play plans will ofsted be looking for a couple of different activities a day or would you just put a 'topic' for the week? X

supermumy
25-09-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't plan for under 18months I just set antivirus fr them which I know covers some of the areas and what they like

sing-low
25-09-2013, 08:34 PM
What about exploring outdoors while the weather's still ok? My LOs love being outside, feeling the leaves, looking at flowers, hearing the birds/cars! All supervised for put-everything-in-mouth ones!

Also my plan for this week is to play with a toy that has batteries taken out one day and then put batteries in the next and watch the reactions. Camera at the ready! Next steps for sitting up would be leaning forward to reach toys so you could plan to put toys just in front of LO.

I also find Development Matters really useful for planning.

supermumy
25-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Sing low love the battery idea :)

sing-low
26-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Sing low love the battery idea :)

Shame I forgot LO's only coming one day this week!