PDA

View Full Version : waiting list - whats going on?

Memina
25-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I have had an enquiry for two full timers for next year May????? I said that I dont have space now but they are welcome to come and visit and then nearer the time touch base or if a place became available in the meantime I could contact them.

It's a shame it's not for a bit later in the year as I'll be loosing 3 to school but I've found recently that some are willing to wait and compromise.

So I've officially started a waiting list! Hubby can't see why its a big deal but I knew you guys would. Lol

samb
25-09-2013, 03:46 PM
It is a big deal to me- well done :-)

shortstuff
25-09-2013, 04:49 PM
thats brill news x yes we do understand lol x

blue bear
25-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Strange isn't it, I had one pencil book today for September 2014,

littlebears1009
25-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Thats fab! Ive only had 3 enquiries so far, one baby i have 4 days and the other 2 i couldnt accomodate their hours unfortunately. Hopefully ill get more enquiries soon! Would love to be in your position and have a waiting list. You know you're doing well x

greanan
25-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Back in July I pencilled a mum in for full time space next September!! Baby's not due till march next year

Mouse
25-09-2013, 06:03 PM
That's great news :clapping:

I have just had one child leave to go to school, but her hours were quickly snapped up by existing parents.

The next one is scheduled to leave in September 2014 and I'm already getting enquires about the space :D

Ripeberry
25-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Problem with waiting lists is that nearer the time some of them change their minds. In the meantime you might have turned other work away. I won't pencil anything in unless it's within 3 months. They also need to pay a retainer.

samb
26-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Problem with waiting lists is that nearer the time some of them change their minds. In the meantime you might have turned other work away. I won't pencil anything in unless it's within 3 months. They also need to pay a retainer.

"Pencil" it in to me literally means keeping in contact til nearer the time and its not a definite until contracts are signed nearer the time- probably 3 months at most as you say. It's handy to have people in mind for further on and keep on touch as you don't know what will happen and they may it in perfectly. However you may have changes sooner and so by penciling it in you are making no commitment.

Memina
26-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah thats what I've said to the parent.

What I do is I keep name and number and when a place becomes available I give them first refusal.

If its a definite then they must pay a retainer and start settling or parttime in as soon as poss.

I had a parent come and see me with her 8 week old back in Feb for a place in October. I explained that I was expecting a baby in June and therefore unless we started before June then I couldn't care for her baby.

She signed him up straight away for one day a week and using grandparents the other days until he turns one then I'll have him full time.
Its nice to be wanted that bad. :-)