PDA

View Full Version : Threadworms....

littlebears1009
24-09-2013, 10:59 PM
My 5 year old dd has come home from school today with worms. I am mortified because we are a very clean family. I know the whole household has to be treated and i am aware she can still go to school however what do i do regarding my 8 month lo? Do i inform his mum and ask her to have him treated and keep him off or do i have to pay for treatment or what? I dont have anything in my policies for anything like this, just sickness and diorrhea x

merry
25-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Threadworms are very common in primary age children, over the years many of the mindees have had them. I send out a letter, much like the school one, stating there has been a case of threadworm in the setting, please could they check for it and treat if necessary. The pharmacy often have leaflets, or look online and there'll be some information you can print out about it and attach to the letter. I've never excluded for it.

littlebears1009
25-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Ive messaged the mum as i only have the one lo at the moment and told her she is ok to bring him if she wishes but i would suggest he is seen by doctor/chemist and treated as i will be treating our household today. I know I can send my dd to school but she has been awake most of the night in discomfort so i will keep her home for the day. Gutted really, we go away to get married next week hope they clear up by then x

dawn100
25-09-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't think you can treat children under 2, my ds had them when he was about 8months and took him to the doctor who just said to treat the rest of the family but they can reinfect themselves as they have a nappy on so can't scratch their bum where the eggs are laid, and just keep strict hygiene routines for a couple of months as think the life cycle is 6 weeks so will go on their own as long as there isn't reinfection.