PDA

View Full Version : Notice

charlottenash
24-09-2013, 01:22 PM
How do you go about notice? First speak to parents or letter and then speak to them?

QualityCare
24-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Depends on why l was giving notice, if l was moving, giving up etc l would speak to parents first telling them when l was giving up giving them time to look for alternative child care and then put it in writing when the 4 week notice period started, if it was because of child/parent issues l would write letter speak to parent saying l am sorry l am have to give you notice because xxxxxx and give letter.

Mrs Pootle
24-09-2013, 02:01 PM
If you are certain you want to give notice then I would write a letter and speak to the parent at the time of handing over the letter. If you need to post it because you don't see parent (eg if someone else drops off/collects) then I would telephone them so they know the letter is on it's way. Remember you don't have to give a reason if you don't want to, it is acceptable to say it is due to a change in circumstance. :)

charlottenash
24-09-2013, 06:52 PM
I was just curious how people do it, I've only done it once and posted letter in door, texted to say 'letter is in the door, will have a proper chat next time I see you' and they seemed fine with it.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I have an excellent relationship with all my parents and although I have never given notice I would always try to do it face to face to explain and then follow up with the letter