PDA

View Full Version : Lucky mindee this morning

SYLVIA
24-09-2013, 10:58 AM
We were walking to the pet shop this morning and passed a recycling truck. 3yr old mindee shouts "look at that lorry its got a big crane on the top!" So the driver asked if we would like to see it working. He got out, carrying the remote control board and let LO work the knobs to move the crane. He was so nice, telling them how it moved and picked up the rubbish. The little boys face was an absolute picture of happiness! Guess what we are playing with today?

Maza
24-09-2013, 11:31 AM
My two year old mindee is obsessed with things like that too and I have found all the workmen to be so friendly too! Many a time they have waved at him from the top of a crane or tooted their horn, switched on their lights etc. I think it brightens their days as much as it does the mindees! I just love it when real experiences trigger role play. At the weekend we just happened to see some canal barges going through some locks (sp?) and the people on board all waved and tooted at DD. As soon as she got home she made a canal boat out of my laundry basket and pushed it up and down the hallway with her dinosaurs inside it. She used my scarf to moor it. Sooo cute! x

Glitter
24-09-2013, 11:54 AM
What lovely stories, they have cheered me up.

My husband is a bus driver. Most small children think he is some sort of God! He visits the local primary school reception class each year and talks to the chidlren about buses. He takes a ticket machine and gives them all a ticket, then they go and sit on the bus and work the doors.

For weeks afterwards all the children keep asking if I am married to 'The Bus Driver' and some of them even ask if my husband can come and play at their house soon with his bus.

Husband loves all the attention, and yes waving at children when he drives his bus does cheer him up.

k1rstie
24-09-2013, 12:04 PM
All made me smile, especially mr bus driver

miffy
24-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Lovely to hear - we walked to toddler group this morning and my lo waved to all the cars as they passed us - not one bothered to wave back so it was good to hear your stories.

Miffy xx

dawn100
24-09-2013, 12:11 PM
We regularly go on a walk along a path by a railway track and will wait on the railway bridge and wave at the train drivers and most of them will toot their horn which makes the kids day!

Daisy1956
24-09-2013, 12:23 PM
We went on the train and the ticket collector showed my little his ticket machine let him push the buttons to print his ticket. It made his day, nice to know there are still lots of lovely people about.

SYLVIA
24-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Funny how kids are in awe of these people. My son in law is a crane operator and the lo's think he is amazing. One mindees dad is a lawyer and the LO's are not interested in his job at all, not even his on child. The mindee that had the treat this morning has told everyone we have met about his experience and drawn a picture for his dad