PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for new thread/forum

Bluebell
23-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi I just wondered if I could suggest that one of the forum experts starts a thread that updates on announcements and important news and consultations.

I have always prided myself on keeping up to date with stuff but recently I feel like I have missed lots of things and I am completely overwhelmed. Other local childminders are asking me whats going on and tbh I don't seem to know anymore!

I am really busy and seem to be losing the plot!

I read the news, read the forum, have ofsted updates, have updates from my development worker / support network and I just don't seem to be pulling out what is relevant because there is so much!

It would be great to have a one stop shop of what is directly relevant to childminders and it would be great if it could only be added to by forum administrators so it is not cluttered up with comments and questions.

So like just a sentence 'DfE announced today...' and a link to the relevant page. and a brief 'this is relevant to childminders because it discusses....'
or 'to find the current consultation click here..'

I realise this may take a bit of time for someone and that I seem incredibly lazy but There seems to be so much going on at the moment and so many announcements and I am getting lost as to what is actually happening and what is a proposal, what is being consulted on etc etc - it just seems endless!!

many thanks

sing-low
23-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I get confused too. I missed quite a bit because I was away in August so not checking the forum. Would a 'sticky' in the campaigns sub-forum work for this, maybe?

KAZBAZ55
23-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Fab idea if possible :clapping::clapping:

amylouise867
23-09-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree - a great idea!! x

hectors house
23-09-2013, 08:07 PM
I did suggest something similar back in the summer hols, as there was so much happening on a daily basis I was worried that childminders away for a week or fortnights holiday would miss something really important. I thought the information could be collated into an "important sticky of the week", but unfortunately I think the moderators thought I was volunteering to do the collating!

jadavi
24-09-2013, 02:28 AM
I find this happens anyway if you just look at titles.
I logged on today to look for a discussion on labours announcement about free childcare and there it was. Usually started by Simone or Sarah for which I am very grateful.

Kiddleywinks
24-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I agree this would really help, particularly as there seems to be bursts of information and at busy times other posts lose the announcement ones.

Would also like to thank Simone, Sarah, and others that post for keeping us up to date! Your efforts are appreciated x :clapping: