PDA

View Full Version : Printer Font thats like handwriting

adedwards68
23-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know of a font that prints the same style as children learn to write
Comic Sans is quite good but the 'y' is straight not curvy,
I may just have to write in the 'Y'

QualityCare
23-09-2013, 01:22 PM
The nearest l've found is either MVBoli or segoe print they are both on Microsoft office word 2007

WibbleWobble
23-09-2013, 01:25 PM
national first font

you will have to download it from t'interweb but it is a proper font...it also has it in dots so los can write over

wibble the font of all knowledge (can you see what i did there? god i even make myself laugh at times!) x

WibbleWobble
23-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello this is wibblewobble and this is written in national first font

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
A b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

i hope !

WibbleWobble
23-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello this is wibblewobble and this is written in national first font

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
A b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

i hope !

nope .....flamin eck

k1rstie
23-09-2013, 01:52 PM
I use CCW Precursive 3. All the letters are correct for the kids, plus you can also have it with arrows showing the direction that the child needs to write, or dotted, or dotted on lined printed lines or even as just an outline.

I have used this as my font of choice for years until I discovered open dyslexic, but use the above when printing stuff for the kids

I like open dyslexic, which is great for dyslexics as it keeps the letters stuck to the page, and stops them jumping around so much.

sarah707
23-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Wibble you do make me laugh! :laughing:

There are a few schoolbook fonts online if you hunt for them - the main letters to check are a and y - and numbers 1 and 4 are often wrong.

Hth :D

Jiorjiina
24-09-2013, 01:43 AM
Ahem ahem:

Script > School fonts | dafont.com (http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=602)

Take your pick...

hectors house
24-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Another question on letters but this time on computer keyboard - does anyone have a separate lower case keyboard they use for the children to do "writing". I have a little one who struggles to use the mouse, so I have been just letting her type - but if I ask her to try to find a "F" for her name that is ok as looks right on the keyboard but when I ask her to find other letters in her name obviously on keyboard it's all in capitals so she can't recognise any other letters?

PixiePetal
24-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Another question on letters but this time on computer keyboard - does anyone have a separate lower case keyboard they use for the children to do "writing". I have a little one who struggles to use the mouse, so I have been just letting her type - but if I ask her to try to find a "F" for her name that is ok as looks right on the keyboard but when I ask her to find other letters in her name obviously on keyboard it's all in capitals so she can't recognise any other letters?

Yes you can get childrens keyboards with lower case (not got one but seen online) in colour too :)

adedwards68
24-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I've got a crayola one it can with a flashing mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Daisy1956
26-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Could you lovely people help me, I am not the most computer literate person there is, so can someone tell me what to do with the font after I have downloaded it so that I can use it in Word. Thanks :)

Jiorjiina
26-09-2013, 12:52 PM
If it's in a zip file (the little picture looks like a stack of books), you need to unzip it (right click, then 'extract file' on the menu), then when you have the basic font file (looks like a white rectangle with an 'A' in the corner), right click again, and then click 'install'. That should be it.

Make sure you have any programs you want to use the fonts in closed first (e.g. Word), so that any newly installed fonts will be detected when the program starts.

Daisy1956
26-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Thank-you so much I am going to try tonight . I knew someone would know, this forum is brilliant you can ask almost anything and someone will have an answer or point you in the right direction.