PDA

View Full Version : First family coming to meet me!

dottylotty
23-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Hello I am newly registered & have found a family who is interested through the childcare website.
What should I be asking & have ready to show the parents? It's 2 children 4 & 6 years 7.30-6, 3 days a week. The 4 year old is at nursery & needs to be dropped off at 9 & collected at 11.50 am I correct in that I charge for that time & how do I explain why to the parents. Take it the 6 year old is just charged before & after school hours & then more in the holidays.

Hope it goes well would be great to have some children on the books.

Sorry another question at the moment the 4 year old takes up a space for under 5 because he's only in morning nursery. If he soon turns 5 can he then go into the over 5s category even though he's still in morning nursery?

Many thanks

littlebears1009
23-09-2013, 10:22 AM
No they are classed as in the unders category until the august following their 5th birthday unless they are in full time school then its the overs (i think). You would charge (well i would) as you cannot fill the space and also you would probably be first contact if nursery had to close for some reason .
Good luck :-)

adedwards68
23-09-2013, 10:24 AM
The school year he turns 5 he would be in reception class at school, not nursery Once he's in full time education, even if he hasn't yet turned 5, he can be counted as 1 of your over 5's
Charging whilst a child is at nursery is a personal choice. You can explain that you are unable to fill those hours, they'd need those hours during school holidays, what would they do if the nursery closed for the day and those hours weren't in the contract. It's up to you whether you choose to charge, not charge, 1/2 fees during those hours

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

migimoo
23-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Have ready your policies,your CRB,first aid cert,insurance and ofsted reg plus some basic info about the EYFS (there is a parent's guide in the free resources) as they are often surprised that we do so much.

Just re-reading you won't really have any early years but the one at nursery so will probably keep more of a scrapbook record of the others activities.