PDA

View Full Version : Sickness policy

adedwards68
23-09-2013, 08:50 AM
What do you do, with regards to looking after lo's, when your own child is sick. Obviously when they are poorly you can't look after both, but what about, for example, your child has had a sickness bug, school don't want them until 48 hours after they've last been sick. Mine after 24 hours are back to their normal selves, would you give parents the option to send their child in if they want or is it a big no no?

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

samb
23-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Childminders and schools and nurseries all follow same guidelines so 48 hours for childminders too. If older child that is happy staying away from mindees in their room then I suppose I would consider re opening.

Lottie
23-09-2013, 09:02 AM
I always use the 48 hour rule from the last time anyone, including my own children, were sick. IMO you can't have differing rules. If you start bending the rules then your parents may start to think it's acceptable to send their own back after 24 hours. Can then only see problems and upset!

adedwards68
23-09-2013, 09:21 AM
I always use the 48 hour rule from the last time anyone, including my own children, were sick. IMO you can't have differing rules. If you start bending the rules then your parents may start to think it's acceptable to send their own back after 24 hours. Can then only see problems and upset!
Hadn't thought about parents doing this. And I've got one in particular who would do that.

adedwards68
23-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Just found out from my school and the one a parent works at that their rule is 24 hours. Think I'll stick to the 48 hour for my parents