PDA

View Full Version : Activities for 8 months to 1.5 years?

unalindura77
23-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi Guys

I am new to childminding:panic::panic: and struggling a little with regard to planned activities I could do for 3 days of the week when I have these two ages together (8months and 1.5 yrs) as I have had the parents ask..:o Usually we do reading, singing and play groups...

What do you guys do? Could you help with some suggestions?

Thank you !

VeggieSausage
23-09-2013, 11:33 AM
8 months
Settling into new routine
PSED - Child led play, mirrors, peekaboo
EAD - Singing and rhymes
PD - Tummy time etc
UW - Treasure baskets
MM - Counting songs and rhymes
CL - CHatting, songs, rhymes, board books
L - Books, touch and feel board books

Look on the development matters document and it will give you ideas.....

1.5 years
PSED - Playing alongside other children by going to groups and doing group activities...
EAD - Sensory play - feeling textures - paint/clay/ playdough/ mud, or through sound - instruments etc, Music on and dancing
PD - Gross motor - playground equipment to enhance skills Fine motor - pointing at pictures in books Expanding on healthy foods tried and eaten
UW - Exploring outdoor environments eg walk and feed the ducks
MM - Counting objects
CL - Talking about what you have done, reading stories and talking about the pictures
L - Letter and number books and songs.....

You will be doing most of these things at the groups etc you go to already.....

unalindura77
24-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much Veggiesausage!

I am not sure about the whole writing observations and linking with the EYFS, how extensive these reports should be etc. I really appreciate your help and ideas.....:laughing::thumbsup:

Tealady
24-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks so much Veggiesausage!

I am not sure about the whole writing observations and linking with the EYFS, how extensive these reports should be etc. I really appreciate your help and ideas.....:laughing::thumbsup:

As little or as much as is relevant to what you have observed. Not really helpful I know :rolleyes:

However, what I mean is, that baby may have done something really simple but was a clear mark in his/her development, so a quick one or two lines with a photo and what it links to and another quick sentence to say what the next steps could be.

Or they might be engaged in an activity and you see lots going on in their little head, then you do a longer more detailed observation, again with photos, linking into DM and then next steps to feed into your planning. I never sit down and say "right, going to do an ob on XX today" as they may not do much of any significance that day so I just do them off the hoof as I see thing happen.

I also do little "notes" with a picture which are just nice little things to record, such as attempting to use chopsticks.