PDA

View Full Version : Self entertaining activity ideas

sprinkles
23-09-2013, 07:40 AM
You may have read my thread about the LO I have not interacting with me. She won't join in on activities if I'm doing them, but if I go away and do other things she will eventually do the activity on her own.

But, I'm now struggling for activities for her that I won't need to intervene with. We seem to do mostly park trips, sensory bags/table and free play. I feel like I need more ideas as it's the same things all the time but I'm limited until she allows me to join in. She won't even do activities if I'm sat watching her, unless it's free play.

Ideas please :)

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Have you tried sticker books....or free play with magnets?
These are always a hit here.
Also linking activities or threading?
It's hard when they won't involve you in their play, let alone not interacting at all :(
Good luck xx

Sarah x

sprinkles
01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
She enjoys colouring and painting etc so we do that and the colouring stuff is always out and accessible. I've got a few of those foam trays that I'm going to put cocktail sticks on to thread beads etc on to but haven't tried them yet. She gets bored so easily though - we had the big jigsaws out yesterday and she was bored within 10 minutes and then just sits about, or drapes herself on the sofa, looking at me! But she won't let me join in...argh lol. I have a tin full of peppa pig and other magnets that she likes, but again just gets bored x

mrs robbie williams
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
ive just ordered a wooden magnetic fish game from ebay - hoping it will keep some of mine busy :thumbsup: