PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Doo???

Shamai
22-09-2013, 11:54 AM
I asked the 5yos what new games they would like me to buy for after school and in order of preference I've been given:

Doggy Doo

Pig goes Pop

Gooey Louey

I just cannot bring myself to buy them as I think they are all disgusting!! Am I being mean? I'm all for having fun but who on earth dreamt these games up - getting points for collecting poo, over feeding a pig until it pops and catching the contents of Louey's nose - ewwwwwww!

Tinkerbell1979
22-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Doggy Doo is also a waste if money as the dough goes hard. Pig goes pop is actually really fun and I've not heard of the other one

singingcactus
22-09-2013, 12:50 PM
They're all fun. The pig doesn't go pop, his button does. They're designed to appeal to young kids, not adults. They get the kids playing together, taking turns, following directions, helping each other, problem solve, they all include numeracy on some level. They're fun, kids like gross. As long as the doggy doo dough is stored back in its airtight container it stays soft and squishy, but it is easily replaced with any gooey dough.

samb
22-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't bother with Doggy Doo- Unless you put the exact amount of the exactly correct textured dough in then it either has air going down the side of the dough instead of plugging the hole stopping the dough from moving or it sticks inside etc. I was really disappointed with it and threw it out!

Pig Goes Pop isn't as exciting as the adverts make out as the kids think the food will fly out of his stomach when in reality he just expands a bit and his belt and arms open. However, this is a good game for colour and number recognition and kids of multitude ages will happily play this together so I would say is invaluable game here.

I also have Gooey Louie lol! Yes the thought of picking someones nose is gross, however they love it, it is simple, the "bogeys" are just pieces of rubber where one is attached inside with an elastic band and if you pull on it it triggers the head to open and a brain on a spring to fly out creating laughter all round. Again great for any age. Really is just about laughing and turn taking. I really like simple games sometimes!

line6
22-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I agree that doggy do is rubbish. We binned ours too. I also found pig goes pop disappointing. Saying that I also found old favourite Buckaroo was disappointing too.

Shamai
22-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Well thank you for saving me some pennies and making feel old and boring lol! I introduced them to Mousetrap and Twister last year and they have become favourites but maybe I need to bite the bullet and get Gooey Louie to make an appearance - they would not believe it!!!

AliceK
23-09-2013, 08:26 AM
My DD wanted Doggy Doo for her birthday but I must be mean because I refused to buy it. I find the idea of it disgusting. Obviously I'm getting old. We have loads of board games and all the children love them whatever their ages.

xxxx

JCrakers
23-09-2013, 08:29 AM
My dd had doggie doo for xmas, she was 9yrs old..lol

It gave us all a good laugh on xmas day because its so gross. It broke after that, I got it replaced but she's not really played with it since. I think it was more of a xmas day thing for us so I wouldn't recommend it as its not that well made.

Rubybubbles
23-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Never heard of them!!

Going to look though!!

dette
23-09-2013, 05:12 PM
we lovey doggy doo .to be fair the poo didn't last long but my youngest boys loved it they were 4 and 5 at the time(before the poo dried up ) I find the boys like it more than the girls but great for a giggle and basic counting and turn taking,just don't expect it to last too long

KatieFS
24-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Am I old to say snakes and ladders ha ha

Connect 4, chess, cards!!! Ludo....?

Ok now I do sound old

What other ones are good? Would be good to get done new ones for my schoolies

KatieFS
24-09-2013, 01:08 PM
I agree about doggy do. Funny at first but after a few turns didn't really work again
Piggy goes pop doesn't always go pop so we end up adding 5 at the end

bindy
24-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Doggy Doo loads of rubbish, even though my daughter loved it, not only does it goes hard,( the poo) but it gets stuck inside Doggy Doo and unable to push out! LOL

maisiemog
24-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Most popular board games here are kerplunk, dominoes and frustration. We don't have any of the really new games. Pieces always go missing or get broken so I will only buy them at car boots and charity shops.

line6
24-09-2013, 07:47 PM
My kids love connect 4 :) plus original twister and kerplunk. All bought for a few pennies from a Facebook page. I buy the new ones but they are just not living up to expectations.