PDA

View Full Version : changing hours.

SimplyLucy
14-07-2008, 02:00 PM
One of my full time mindees is ment to be changing hours this week.

Parent has started a new job today (I'm closed until tomorrow cause of DS2's chicken pox).

Problem is this parent hasn't yet told me that her hours are changing grrrrrrrrrrr. She made the odd comment in passing that she is moving jobs and will only be working mon-thurs and that she must find out what her new hours will be. Currently he's not booked in on tuesdays so it's going to be very interesting to see what time he turns up tomorrow.

I don't really mind in the long run as it's going to be more hours a week, plus I've had an enquiry for a friday so if he isn't coming I can fill the space.

Don't you just love it when parents keep you informed! :angry:

Pudding Girl
14-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Don't you just love it when parents keep you informed! :angry:

and also when they just ASSUME............

mrsb
14-07-2008, 05:14 PM
omg this is one of my pet hates, it would be a totally different tory if it was you changing the hours you work and not telling them though wouldn't it:angry:

babyandchild
14-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Poor you, yes it is a nightmare......what would she have done if you couldn't accommodate the new hours????

Trouble
14-07-2008, 05:40 PM
mine have to give 4 weeks notice to change or add that way i know first in advance

ChocolateChip
14-07-2008, 11:28 PM
One of mine didn't turn up at all one day last week, I found out later that mum took him in as she had a meeting but didn't bother to let me know.
Then I was asked for a 6.30am start and they didn't arrive until 7.20! :angry:
Could have had an extra hour in bed :mad:

I agree with Celine on a different thread- we should call it Parents working in partnership with childcare professionals- perhaps they could run a course or two for parents before they are allowed to have childcare!!! :laughing: :laughing: