PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations for toy kitchen

Tazmin68
21-09-2013, 02:49 PM
THe door has broken off my elc sizzlin kitchen and debating on if to change it. I do not want to spend loads of money as had inspection yesterday and recommendation was that I put some story sacks together to promote home learning so am just putting together 8 of those together and have just spent about £100 on story bags, books and activity computer discs and spent £80 plus last month on up grading car seats so they all had the ECE r 44 mark on them.

Any good recommendations would be appreciated.

Deb

Becci26
21-09-2013, 03:04 PM
The ikea kitchen is meant to be good and is very reasonable.

loocyloo
21-09-2013, 03:07 PM
I have this kitchen ands great. had it about 10 yrs and it wasn't new when I got it!

x

wellybelly
21-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Ikea kitchen is fab, very sturdy and hard wearing, its on offer at the moment at £65 for both parts.

DUKTIG Mini-kitchen - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49874533/)

mrs robbie williams
21-09-2013, 03:15 PM
The ikea kitchen is down to 45 if u just get the bottom bit I'm off to get it tomoro :) it's really nice they use it in surestart centres where I am x

Bluebell
21-09-2013, 04:09 PM
i've put my kitchen out in the garden so I just wanted a cheap one - I use a tesco one it folds up into a carry case but has an oven, stove, little tap and sink an overhead extractor fan/shelf and accessories that hang off it.

Just had a quick look - doesn't look like they do it anymore but they've got one for £6, one for £15 and one for £20 which would all the do the job while you don;t have much money!

littlemiss60561
21-09-2013, 04:20 PM
I've got the ikea one, 15.00 from a garden sale! Bargain. It's def sturdy. Only have the bottom bit. This is a good deal. But, Have you seen the fb pic of a reconditioned stereo cabinet, turned into a kitchen? Is amazing. If I hadn't found this one, I was simply going to paint a couple of bedside tables. One as a cooker and one as a fridge. Te ones at outr childrens center look just like bedside tables and cost a fortune. white paint a couple of black circles and spinny dials..
Our mud kitchen in the garden is currently an upturned toy box. And a small washing up bowl. Kids love it, it stores all the equipment and it cost me nothing. They use it perfectly so I'm not going to bother splashing out on anything fancy!

blue bear
21-09-2013, 05:51 PM
We made one from a cardboard box when I was short of money, lasted ages and cheap to replace until I could buy one.

Nicola Carlyle
22-09-2013, 08:41 AM
eBay! I got a little tikes and a step 2 kitchen from eBay (one inside one out) and got both for £45.

SandCastles
22-09-2013, 09:12 PM
My door also broke off my ELC kitchen on the bottom near the hinge so I super glued and then cello tape to kinda hold it together, the children don't mind and even attempt to fix it with plastic tools or just use the door on the other side. I'm keeping my eyes open on eBay for a replacement

chriss
22-09-2013, 09:28 PM
A. I dont have the money
B. I dont need new shiny toys.
I might want them, but dont really need them.

Ive had so many toys/resources off free sites or for a pound or two. My home area is a couple of small cupboards, pots n pans and a tea set. Might not look the best, but the kids love it and if it gets scratched or broke, its not a problem.:)

Tazmin68
23-09-2013, 06:28 AM
The elc one was 9 years old and was prior minding as was my sons now after getting inspection out of the way I have thrown caution to the wind and have ordered the ikea one and as I souls have spent more than £10 in fuel I have paid for delivery.

Deb

Rachel6
23-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Letter box have some great savings at the moment on toys,lovely wooden toys Letterbox x

Tazmin68
27-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Well ikea kitchen arrived today. Mindee left early at 2 so managed to build the bottom half before doing school run and as after schoolies left at 5 just finished doing the top half. I think it looks good. Def worth the money.

Deb

maisiemog
27-09-2013, 04:42 PM
We are getting this one for our DD for Christmas. It's far nicer than the plastic one mindees use but I think she should have some nice things just for her as she shares everything else. It's going in her room, she's just got a high sleeper and wants to turn under it into a home corner.

teacakepenguin
27-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh wow that's so lush, I'm definitely talking myself into getting one of them sooner rather than later.

Jx

Ali56
27-09-2013, 07:08 PM
I got a huge step 2 one from e-Bay. It cost £22, a bargain :clapping: The kids love it. Ive spent so much money over the last 20 years on kitchens that this time I decided not to, and I'm so glad-the kids don't care a bit if its new or old! It's in great condition too (or was anyway, till my lot got to it-it has no stickers now!!) But it was so cheap theres no worries..... :D

Samcat
29-09-2013, 11:58 AM
We've just bought the Ikea kitchen, but not the shelf above as mine are mainly under 3, so didn't feel the need for it. OH fitted an Ikea kitchen in our previous house and he said it's as well built as the full size kitchen units are. It doesn't take up much space and the children love it. They're forever 'washing' their hands in the sink!