PDA

View Full Version : Can I / Should I Give Parent Notice?

cbshoat
21-09-2013, 09:55 AM
In July I had a 5 year old girl register. She initially wanted 2 days one week and 1 day the next; before and after school and full days in the hols. Not once has this been the case. I have had her 4-5 days a week before and after school and even more in the holidays. However at the end of August I was on annual leave for 2 weeks. The parent was meant to let me know her September hours ASAP. She text me on the 1st saying she was off for 2 weeks which meant I didn't know what I could charge her as she hadn't actully booked any hours. I decided to just leave it and see what hours she wanted after the 2 weeks, even though I know she should be paying for that time. I received another text from her today saying she is now going to be off for a further 6 weeks!!! Again she has no intention to pay for this space and I just don't know what to do. This contract has been a nightmare start to finish, no set hours, late payments, notpaying for time off and even called me a liar regarding the amount owed on her bill!!!! Should I now reply / send her a letter telling her the space has gone? I don't have anyone else wanting this space but I'm fed up of being messed about!
Christine

westbrom44
21-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I would give notice if she has treated you so badly as it is not worth the stress.

rachelle
21-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Dear hopeless case,

Thank you for letting me know x won't be attending over the next 6 weeks. With this in mind would it be helpful to review your contracted hours? Our agreement is for x to attend y hours across a fortnight. In order to keep this space free for her I do need to charge for the space whether or not she attends. I am unable at this time to offer ad hoc contracts. I am happy to release you from your contract with no notice period (if you are- sounds as if you won't get paid anyhow!) if this would be the best fit for you at this time. I will be sending out next months invoices on such and such a date.
I look forward to receiving your reply, stating what you'd like to do,

Best wishes,

suziealderton
21-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Dear hopeless case,

Thank you for letting me know x won't be attending over the next 6 weeks. With this in mind would it be helpful to review your contracted hours? Our agreement is for x to attend y hours across a fortnight. In order to keep this space free for her I do need to charge for the space whether or not she attends. I am unable at this time to offer ad hoc contracts. I am happy to release you from your contract with no notice period (if you are- sounds as if you won't get paid anyhow!) if this would be the best fit for you at this time. I will be sending out next months invoices on such and such a date.
I look forward to receiving your reply, stating what you'd like to do,

Best wishes,

Love it! X

Bluebell
21-09-2013, 04:12 PM
think you should charge her based on the 4/5 days she has been attending!! but does sound unlikley you would get it - definitely give the space to someone else - non-payment and non-attendance should be one of the reasons for termination of contract??

Love the letter btw! good luck x

Mrs Scrubbit
21-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Give notice, not worth the stress/headache xx

Stapleton83
21-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Life is too short and it is not worth the aggro, get rid.

Sam x

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Did you agree to 6 weeks unpaid? If not then I would call her and ask for a meeting. it could just be a misunderstanding as you have let her choose what she wants to do.