PDA

View Full Version : who is registered to provide the free 15hrs for 3 yr olds

moljak
20-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I am currently going through the motions of registering to provide the funded places for 3yr olds. This all began as one of my parents has heard that her 3 yr old may not have a space at our local nursery in January. I made a telephone call to my Development worker and she came for a visit, checked my policies and planning ect , said I met the criteria and now I'm off to see someone next Tuesday. I've explained all along that this is just an enquiry but I seem to be on a rollercoaster as I've just been emailed forms to fill in and advised to put my bank details( they'd need them for payment) into a sealed envelope
and bring it along on Tuesday. I'm sure some of you will have been in this journey.

What should I expect next?

once registered what will I have to do differently?

any help greatfully received.

Thanks

Chellewilks
21-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Good luck, will be following as would love to know x

westbrom44
21-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I am able to offer educational funding for 2,3 and 4 years olds. I had to go through a long process but thought that it had all changed now and was alot easier.

I would carry on and register if it is what you want as there will be other children wanting to take the funding in the future. I registered 8 years ago and most of the children that have been with me since have accessed the funding through me and not gone to nursery or pre school. I only have to sign an agreement every year and fill in a form to say which children are taking the funding. Money is then paid straight into my bank account termly and in advance.

I dont find I have any extra work as I would have to observe and assess the children even if I didnt offer funded places. I do have to meet the children's future teacher but that is only once before they go off to school and I quite enjoy it. It is nice to meet other practitioners in my local area too.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Zoomie
21-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Just check the rules in your area - head count day is 4 October this term and you have to have child in your settling that week but our declarations gave to be in the week before. Also in our area if child starts after this date, you have to provide sessions but you don't get paid - it's called some lose some win (and I found out the hard way).

blue bear
21-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Once it's all set up everything is the same as any other child except, we have to fill informs to claim money, we have to monitor two year olds and three times a year Input a report, we get spot checks on funding payments versus register to check we are claiming correctly.
In our area if a child leaves payment stops and if a child starts mid term we get paid just like you would any other child but you might have to wait for next term for your money if it's after head count day.

AliceK
21-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I made enquiries about this earlier this month but have decided I wont be taking on any funded 3 / 4yr olds as the hourly rate for them is less than I charge by quite a bit and I only charge average, I will however consider funded 2yr olds possibly as the rate is higher. I just cannot work for any less than my going rate, I'm struggling as it is. Not that I have any spaces anyway.

xxxx