PDA

View Full Version : How should I do this

Memina
19-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello me again.

I'm finding the two preschool runs very stressful since September. My dd finishes at 11.30 then I have to collect at 12.15 but between 11-12.30 my baby whos 3 months has her feed and sleep. She gets so agitated and upset.

Its only two afternoons a week so we have a good routine at other times.

So ive come to the decision I must let this lo go and put my dbaby first.

However this little boy has been with me since he was 6 months old and soon he'll be 4.

How should I word the termination letter?

Mx

VeggieSausage
19-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I am just about to do this as well with children I have had since 9 months and now are at school, I am giving notice to all my after schools and also a nursery run at 12.15 where I need the car so have to take babies out and they are falling asleep and then not napping etc.....I think be honest and say that it is with regret that you are giving 4 weeks notice as of today and so your last working day will be xx date.

I am going to phone all mine this weekend as I didn't want to talk in front of the children and explain that I am cutting back as am finding it hard and also house is very noisy after school and my dd is doing her a'levels and struggling with the noise - which is true....then backing it up with the letter just confirming when the last day you will be working will be.

good luck x

I think you are doing the right thing, you must put your child first, often parents come up with another solution if they have to x

sing-low
19-09-2013, 04:33 PM
That must have been a really hard decision to make but you are right, you need to put your family first. I would be honest but brief. Really sorry you have to terminate the contract, give 4 weeks notice, say when will be last day, wish them all the best. I wouldn't go into too many details of why you've made this decision as they may try and persuade you to change your mind. Easier said than done, I know, good luck.

Memina
19-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Im also thinking that right now the weather isnt too bad but when it's pouring with rain in a few weeks and I have to keep both my girls waiting around for 45mins while mindee comes out of preschool I reckon I'll start resenting it.

Memina
19-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Feel sick now!!!

Have just sent an email with the termination and i'm so scared now. Feel so sick just hope that dad collects tomorrow instead of mum.

I know that I have done the right thing but cant help feeling guilty.

Rubybubbles
20-09-2013, 09:00 AM
I no longer do a midday preschool run and it has made a huge difference to our routine. As I have younger ones that need sleeps (then have to get woken for pm school run)

Stress free lunches now as no rushing

Memina
20-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Just received an email from lo's mum to say that she understands and care can stop from next week making today his last day!

To be fair I dont mind because I hate that feeling of counting down the weeks and those awkward pick ups and drop offs.

But she asked if she could send over £700 worth of childcare vouchers and if I could give it to her in cash.

I know thats not allowed and have told her so.

Now waiting for pick up time.