PDA

View Full Version : Angry bird toys ?

adele1985
19-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I've got a little boy after school who is obsessed about angry bird

I've looked at the toys and play sets and I'm really not sure about them as one of my home rules is treating toys with respect i.e. not throwing them around the play room and this is what these play sets seem to be about

Has anyone got these toe of playsets would you recommend them ?

kellib
19-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Haven't got any of the play sets but I have seen angry birds guess who type games in B&M that might be some good to you :)

Tealady
19-09-2013, 05:31 PM
If you set it up right, I don't see it as any different to skittles.

DS loves angry birds. He is nearly four. He and DD made up their own version using building bricks, Pigs from the farm set and another pig game and a couple of beany birds.

Much better than when they did this:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/lounge/107630-could-have-ended-tears.html

samb
19-09-2013, 05:46 PM
My son has got one of the actual games- it's got a target thing to go on the floor, 3 wooden blocks to set up with a rubber pig and then 2 birds to throw at the structure and depending on where the pig lands depends on the score.

Like you I wouldn't want to let them think its ok to just throw things around. We don't get it out too often and when we do I would only do it with specific children. It's better for outdoor use- the mat has pegs to push into the ground to hold it still.

He had an angry bird party and we made things like run can alley and printed off pigs to stick on and put them in a large cardboard box and threw a soft bird at them. We played pin the bird near a pig and did a big picture with bricks and pigs and they each had a bird to pin on. We played jenga game with a pig on top and you just pulled out the pieces not puttin them back on top until he was knocked off. You could even do colour recognition or numbers with angry birds.