PDA

View Full Version : What Daul Language books do you have?

Angela234
18-09-2013, 09:26 PM
I look after polish and Czech children, I have Spanish ad French dual language books but no polish or czech.
Can you recommend any? Then children are aged 13 mths and 24 months.

Leela
18-09-2013, 10:07 PM
I brought a variety of dual language books from Letterbox which is great for multicultural and dual language books. Also from Amazon where you can get popular stories that are age appropriate like 'Elmer'. I found a nice book called 'P for Poland' not dual language but really relevant.

tulip0803
18-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I found a great site for bi-lingual books Bilingual children's story books & toys - UK (http://www.alien-languages.com/default.aspx)

If you search by language it brings up loads of options. I have a polish Mum keen for her LO to start with me when Dad finds work so I had been browsing.

charlottenash
19-09-2013, 06:09 AM
I borrow some from library every week. Saves expense and adds variety.

rickysmiths
19-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Ask the parents if the children have favourite ones at home, could they bring them. Ask them if they would buy a couple of the popular stories when they go home. Obviously you give them the money but they will be a lot cheaper.

I got Elmer in French when we were on holiday in France and The Hungry Caterpillar in German when on holiday in Germany. I also got some great large books from Aldi when I was in Germany.