PDA

View Full Version : welcome packs

ja-lula-belli
18-09-2013, 04:08 PM
I am going to do welcome packs for the minded children to have slippers and toothbrush. Does anyone else do this if so what else do you or would you put in?
Thanks x

natalieatk
19-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't ask for tooth brushes as teeth get brushes 2 times a day parents have that job morning and evening..plus you would have to have adequate containers to store them in. Iv asked for slippers but none of my parents ever provided any!
My welcom is a bit about me and my home life... Them have sickness rules fees etc

hectors house
19-09-2013, 01:03 PM
I supply each child with a coloured towel and beaker/cup which is theirs to use while here - when they leave if it is still presentable the next new mindee gets it - gets a bit confusing when older children occasionally come back to play in the holidays and find someone else is using their towel or cup! I also provide each child with a toothbrush - I keep them in a couple of plastic beakers in the bathroom - each one is a different colour or pattern and I write their initial on the bottom.

If parents want to supply slippers or indoor shoes/daps then they can - I have a stock of welly boots from sizes 5 - 10 in case they forget to bring some on a day we want to go for a muddy walk, I also have various sizes of waterproof trousers that I bought in Lidl.

supermumy
19-09-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't do any welcome pack other than the paperwork side of things
Parents supply spare clothes etc (although info have some)
As for tooth brushes I do enough in my day without trying to get kids to brush their teeth a school wouldn't do this and morning and night should be adequate :)

karen m
19-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Agree with super mummy, sorry welcome pack contains bit about myself , policies

weedotes
19-09-2013, 05:19 PM
I have slipper socks for mine and toothbrushes but I didn't provide them as part of a welcome pack which sounds a nice idea . One wee one insists on getting her toothbrush out and brushing her teeth along with one of my teenagers her mum was delighted when we sent pics . And they all seem to like changing into slipper socks on miserable days ..

hectors house
19-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I have slipper socks for mine and toothbrushes but I didn't provide them as part of a welcome pack which sounds a nice idea . One wee one insists on getting her toothbrush out and brushing her teeth along with one of my teenagers her mum was delighted when we sent pics . And they all seem to like changing into slipper socks on miserable days ..

Oh I like the idea of slipper socks, may look into that as I have laminate flooring in dining room which a) is a bit slippery and b) a bit cold and c) slipper socks are less bulky to store than slippers and I presume they come in sock sizes rather than shoes sizes. :thumbsup:

weedotes
19-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh I like the idea of slipper socks, may look into that as I have laminate flooring in dining room which a) is a bit slippery and b) a bit cold and c) slipper socks are less bulky to store than slippers and I presume they come in sock sizes rather than shoes sizes. :thumbsup:

I buy them in multi packs in all sorts of colours and patterns quite cheaply and store them in little baskets in an Ikea shoe rack some in front entrance and some in back they're also good for lining Wellies to make them more snug . They also wash very easily which is handy .

ja-lula-belli
20-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Would I need a policy for teeth.brushing or just a consent form?
For my children in school I need to sign an agreement to allow them to brush their teeth in school.

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

hectors house
20-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Would I need a policy for teeth.brushing or just a consent form?
For my children in school I need to sign an agreement to allow them to brush their teeth in school.

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

I don't ask permission, I tell the parents when they come to visit that cleaning teeth before nap is part of our getting ready for nap routine - (I change nappies, they clean teeth and then go up to bed) I don't ask permission to wash hands! Parents are often pleased they brush them here - as they can't get them to do it at home, (we have a little song I sing to them as they brush), the little ones learn from watching the bigger ones.

ja-lula-belli
20-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Thank you all very much for your replies. X x x .

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding