PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

Buckoblue
18-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Hi

I was wondering if someone on here could help me. I have two children of my own aged 3 and a half and 19 months. My daughter is at school nursery but she attends full time as where I live they top the 15 hours and all children go full time. Anyway my question is that I have just been asked to do a school run for one of the children in my daughters nursery class. I already look after a little girl Monday to Thursday and a little boy on a Friday so I can't have anymore children until my daughter is reception ages. (This is correct isnt it?) Am I able to take this little boy to school with him being the same age as my daughter. I would only have him for an hour in the mornings as she only wants me to do the drop off not the pick up. Thank you in advance if you have the answer.

xxxx

sprinkles
18-09-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm going to say no, you can only have 3 that aren't in full time school at once. I may be misunderstanding your post though :)

loocyloo
18-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Sorry, I'm afraid not, as you can only count children who are 4 and in reception class as over 5 yr olds for ratio purposes.
It's annoying especially if the children can do full time in nursery but that's the rules!

Buckoblue
18-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I'm afraid not, as you can only count children who are 4 and in reception class as over 5 yr olds for ratio purposes.
It's annoying especially if the children can do full time in nursery but that's the rules!

Does this still apply for the school run too as I would only have him for an hour? xx

blue bear
18-09-2013, 04:27 PM
You have
A) 19 months
B) 3 years
C) shared space girl 4 days and boy 1 day.

You do not have any places left.
Four year olds in full time education can be counted as over five for ratio spaces but not three year olds.

Is the boy four years old?

I believe it was chatterbox who posted clarification form dfe how nursery classes attached to schools are counted as education when counting four year olds as over fives?

Buckoblue
18-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I am not sure if he is 4 or not. Ill have to check that one. Thanks for your help ladies. It looks like it might be a no go if he is still 3. :-(

sprinkles
18-09-2013, 07:16 PM
I am not sure if he is 4 or not. Ill have to check that one. Thanks for your help ladies. It looks like it might be a no go if he is still 3. :-(

It could be. I would have said no still because he is only at nursery but no idea how that works if they're there full time.

sing-low
18-09-2013, 07:20 PM
You don't know how old your mindee is? :confused: do you not have that on their info?

Not a mindee, a potential mindee. I'm hopeless at guessing children's ages!

sprinkles
18-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Not a mindee, a potential mindee. I'm hopeless at guessing children's ages!

I realised after posting :laughing: I thought it was the one they already have. Hence my change in post :D