PDA

View Full Version : So nice when you get the right mix

vikiwizz
18-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm just sat here and my daughter and 3 mindies are all sitting nicely doing drawing at the table. They all seem to get on it makes for a much peaceful house

cs01
18-09-2013, 03:51 PM
When the mix of children is right, childminding is the best job in the world. When the mix is wrong its the worst!

I just gave notice to a family as the mix was completely wrong, felt terrible for doing it but so relieved at the same time. I do so prefer a quiet life!

kellyskidz!
18-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Funny isn't how they all sometimes just click
Also funny how one child can tip the balance totally and disrupt the whole setting
Nice to hear you're having a nice easy time, I've also got two in playing lovely with the small world toys. Don't feel needed at the min! In fact when I tried to join in earlier they shooed me away. Yep, shoo. Like a dog :blush:

hectors house
18-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I mostly have all mine from babies (between 5 - 10 months) and are all "trained" my way! In 8 years I have rarely had children who don't get on - each time a new baby starts the older children look forward to it settling in and look out for it as if it were a little sibling or cousin.

loocyloo
18-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm just settling a new schoolie in! I was a bit wary as done some holiday cover and my other Schoolies were not overly impressed! But only 1 day a week and a few weeks in, schoolie is much calmer and fitting in better so I have high hopes of it all working out! (If I'd thought it wouldn't work I wouldn't have taken schoolie on! )